Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

Most excellent race last night! Huge thanks to @SlinX for organizing and running a really professional event. :+1::+1:

Was a lot of fun all round. Tough to hold on for the full three hours, but very rewarding to be able to finish the race, even if it was 7 laps behind.

Congrats to @Slinx for the win and @DieGrootHammer for the excellent driving with your FFB issues and disconnect. And to everyone else that entered, whether finished or not.

Sorry to all those I hampered, hindered and held up, and huge apologies to anyone I accidentally made contact with. Iā€™m slow and okay when Iā€™m alone on the circuit, but slow and kak when others are around. Itā€™s not malice, itā€™s mistakes.

Letā€™s do it again. But yeah, just not for a little while. :grinning:

5 Likes

I feel like you guys are conspiring to let me win :smile:
According to simresults, out of the top 20 best laps, I only came in at 16th and 20th

Kudos to @DieGrootHammer for the wheel fix during his pitstop and still somehow ending 2nd.

4 Likes

Thanks guys, that was a lot of fun! 3 hours is a long race, but the banter definitely kept it entertaining :laughing:

Thanks for organising @SlinX

6 Likes

I now finally understand why Latifi shows up every weekend (besides the paycheck). Even from last place, it was a huge amount of fun.
Next time Iā€™ll remember to

1. bring sunglasses
  2. Get @DieGrootHammerā€™s better half to be better at sabotage
  3. Have a mute button handy for when the singing starts

I hope I didnā€™t hold too many people up too badly - in general Iā€™m not great at controlling a tail happy car like the Corvette, and itā€™s so much harder when thereā€™s a faster car right behind you! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks so much guys, that was pretty damn fun and so tough on the everything to keep going.
Glad I could reconnect and hold my position when my game crashed.

Also, my consistency is higher than @oltman :laughing:
In fact, Iā€™m 6th in terms of consistency, slow, but constitent, Iā€™m getting there, now to work on the speed.

6 Likes

Thanks for the race guys, and thanks for hosting and organizing it @SlinX. That was a really enjoyable race despite the FFB issues I had. It looks like AC just doesnā€™t like Logitech wheels as Iā€™m getting more and more issues with the wheel and the game. I would highly suggest we look at ACC or other games for future events.

4 Likes

Not surprisingā€¦ My consistency really let me down last night. Glad I can be a benchmark for you, although I think you need to set yourself a higher bar!!! :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol one step at a time, first I want to be able to keep up with you, then move from there. Except, it does not help when you keep going off behind me at T3.

1 Like

THAT TURN!!! AAARGH!

Also, I think we should petition a special badge from @SIGSTART for those who finished the race! This was an epic effort! In fact, it was a Most Epic effort!

7 Likes

T3 was the flat out one right?

1 Like

T3 was the slow hairpin rightā€¦ It seems after every great T1 my tyres were too hot to make it around T3 without spinning.

Known as the International Horseshoe:

2 Likes

Either weā€™re horribly slow, or there are some simulation inaccuracies.
The CR7 posted a qualifying time of 1:42.583 lol

1 Like

It was a nice race to watch. I watched a bit in the beginning and then again a bit later.

Makes me want to join in the future.

3 Likes

Bah, I see you guys got nice achievements for 100km in a single session. But I donā€™t get it due to my crash :frowning:

3 Likes

Bah, thatā€™s only like 3 laps of Nordschleife

4 Likes

Ah ok, I hadnā€™t counted the kink that is T2. Yeah T3 was not fun

2 Likes

I did not get that eitherā€¦ Does that mean my pit stops were too close together?

EDIT: I see I did not even get the 50km achievement yetā€¦

1 Like

Same! Thatā€™s it, Iā€™m calling hax.

2 Likes

Since the first one was such a successā€¦ anyone up for 3h Endurance round 2 before the end of the year? Thereā€™s some interest so Iā€™m just putting a feeler out for Sunday 20 December.
If people are busy (understandably), and we donā€™t get at least around 15 drivers, we will rather have it in January.

The track will most likely be Sebring and the car, either the same Corvette or something similar.

• On for Sunday, 20 December
  • Lets rather have it in Jan

0 voters

3 Likes

So far so good for the endurance

3 Likes