Beating Off 2.0

I had bread last week at the burger night for the first time in about 2 months, I weirdly dont miss bread. But potatoes and pasta and rice I will murder someone for it

ja hey, the whole no carbs thing is a huge killer. im not a huge fruit fan unless the fruit is liquidized, and bacon and eggs for breakfast is quite expensive, not to mention time consuming to make everyday…

1 Like

I havent cut carbs completely, I will seriously murder because of it, but instead of a whole potato I only have half, and smaller portions of pasta and rice.

Luckily I do love my veg so I have no problem with that.

carbs are bad for you Hmmmkay, but the problem is that we (as humans) tend to take in too much of it.

“Vleis, rys en aartappels” - That’s like meat and two starch. Pick one and move on.

Sugar was the easiest thing for me to give up, i’ve been sugar free for 3 years now.

1 Like

However having said that, when I was on the Dukan diet and while I was banting I did lose over 23kg…so yes, it does work, just takes a bucket load of effort

1 Like

Congrats on the 4kgs lost! That’s good work! Stop telling yourself it’s a diet though. It’s not, it’s a new lifestyle. If cutting out carbs works for you, that’s fine, but it’s not necessary. The problem with carbs is that it’s too easy too eat an unbalanced meal with it. If you can maintain eating balanced meals, you can add carbs.

3 Likes

ja i think its because we have been “indoctrinated” since childhood to have carbs with almost everything we eat, where as if we didnt we probably wouldnt struggle so much with it. Its a habbit that can be broken if you really want to, i just dont i love bread or chips just too much to cut it out forever…

just talking about bread makes me want a damned sandwhich

1 Like

That is what I am doing, I have more veg and not 2 carbs like veg. I also have my fruit smoothie for lunch, breakfast is just 2 whole wheat/bran rusks - home made with no sugar in. I am trying very hard not to think diet - the problem is the family - they harp on and on about diet - what they dont realise is by watching me non stop - makes me mentally harde gat and then I want to eat the stuff I shouldnt. So far I have been good at not, I also when I do have something sweet like I had 1 cupcake for my bday, instead of a pack. I am getting better at saying no.

2 Likes

Do what works for you in the end.

1 Like

Then you will succeed

1 Like

The hard part is just the “support” the family gives. Aka let you dare eat something they think is horrible in front of them - the guilt they pack on is not fun

Yeah, but that’s THEIR problem, not yours.

1 Like

Yeah, can be tough when people around you are non-supportive. Or make silly comments like “Going to the gym again?”

Eventually you will learn to filter out the rubbish. Or just invite them to do a 5k

2 Likes

And this is why I luffs you guys. Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Your cybermew family is here for you :+1:

3 Likes

Back in college i lost 10kg in a month by going on the, i’m not hungry enough to make food diet, basically works like this: lazyness>hungry=no food.

Ate like one thing a day i.e pie, hotdog or sandwhich.

Also no way im hell i am giving up bread, nothing better that a late night peanutbutter sandwhich

2 Likes

…and to think my cousin won the men’s 35-39 age group in that heat.

1 Like

Haha, you were doing OMAD and didn’t even know it.

One step at a time. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Morning, nerds.

Have y’all ever had a crush on your teacher(s)?

1 Like