Beating Off 2.0

Sorry to hear that @Aeightsh. It’s the worst. The older you get the more often someone you know pass away.

Morning all

1 Like

Sadly yes. It always comes as a shock thinking they were so young, until you realise you haven’t seen said person in at least 18 years…

It’s come to my attention that I have been confusing Talkativeness with Charisma.

I am of course talking about myself. I talk a lot and make bad jokes and puns, which may come across as charisma, but really, I’m just talkative. Having said this: it’s also in my nature to be one-sided. Minding my own business or just being by myself.

I’m a introvert/extrovert hybrid, but gravitate more towards the former. I’m more comfortable alone.

Morning :wave:

4 Likes

Morning peoples!

Morning everyone. Not feeling particularly strong this morning. Our little critter woke up about 6 times through the night. I had an exciting run planned for 5am, but just had to sleep in until 6am

5 Likes

Bit of an oxymoron there.

Good morning everyone.

1 Like

huge hugs Hope the critter is ok?

I also slept badly but that was because I had to move from my room to the spare room since they are ripping up all the tiles and replacing it with a laminate wood floor. The problem is there is just crappy blinds - moon and sunlight streams thru it.

And the dust, all the dust, I am so stuffed up from sinuses that I want to scream

3 Likes

Morning everyone. Today is D-Day to a project I’ve been working on flat out for the past 2 weeks. Spent the entire weekend at the office, and so far it’s going well…I think. But it means that this will be another week where I am very absent from the site.

4 Likes

Just as long as you remember to breathe!!!

2 Likes

Mornings!

micromanagement is in effect as of today at our office. i have to make a list of exactly what im doing and how long it takes me to do things… cause you know, i just sit around twiddeling my thumbs. :unamused:

2 Likes

Sjoe Wenzie ek hoop dit raak beter of jy kry iets anders

1 Like

Being an introvert or extrovert has nothing to do with your “comfort” of being around people. I’m a total introvert, but I function well with people and many would even label me as extroverted. In reality, it’s about how you generate your social energy.

Extroverts generate their social energy by being around others, with it being depleted when they are alone. Introverts generate social energy by spending time alone, with it depleting when they are around others. So if you feel you need a break from people and feel regenerated when you’ve spent sufficient time alone, you are introverted.

2 Likes

And this is how I know I am an introvert - I need my alone time, take this past week, working full time at an office, and then my part time job - I had to take 2 extra shifts this past week due to one of the staff being ill. On sat I worked a full shift and by the end of that shift I couldnt deal with people anymore, and therefore I hid the rest of the weekend, I barely even spoke to my brother.

1 Like

greetings ! still no word from telkom on when im getting my LTE router, Useless damn state entities

3 Likes

Same with me. Reality is that when I spend too much time alone, I do feel my social energy reserves bubbling over, where I need an outlet of sorts around people. So a good social work and non-social game-time balance works for me.

1 Like

See I havent gotten to that point yet, but that is why I do work the part time job - the money helps, but its mainly to force me to be social. Otherwise I would become a hermit way to easily.

1 Like

I think I’m fighting my inner demons, then, in text, expose myself to everyone for no reason that makes sense.

almost home time

1 Like