Beating Off 2.0

To quote Hoyt Volker (Far Cry 3 antagonist)

“Everything about business is so Goddamn serious…”

It’s a real bummer.

Cookies and rooibos! Now time for bed.
Hopefully, there will be less slacking at work tomorrow…:sleeping:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

1 Like

Morning people of the palace

Its fun living in a house that we barely move around in - we are stuck with just a few areas that we can walk on, and to get to the kitchen we need to go thru the garden, thru the garage, in to the kitchen “droog werf” then into the kitchen

Next week is the fun part - NO KITCHEN at all for a week

2 Likes

Chinese every night - Woohoo!

2 Likes

I wish, knowing them it will be some arb stuffs

1 Like

What’s arb? Arabian?

mornings!!!

1 Like

I think she meant arbitrary.

But hey we can do arb Chinese every night.

2 Likes

10 points to Crusader!

today the self leveling screed is being poured

That was my second guess after failing to spell it 3 times, I gave up.
Don’t google arbitrary food, you’ll get a photo of these marshmallows on sweet potatoes looking like skin infected with mango larva:

1 Like

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

oh yay I am already over this day.

That actually looks really good. The sunburst effect of the charring on the marshmallows makes it look really artistic.

2 Likes

Why is this a thing? Why can we not just outright buy our fracking licenses like the good old days.
It is becoming daylight robbery…

As mentioned your current renewals can only be renewed for 3 years.

Alternatively you can subscribe new for 1 year but this means new serial numbers and re assigning the new licenses on your Autodesk Account.

You have already paid for 1 year renewal for 3 seats so there will be a balance of 2 extra years for 3 seats @R6.143,00 Excl Vat

Remaining Total will be R6,143.00 x 2 years x 3 seats = R36,858.00 Excl Vat

Perpetual income. Opex vs capex. For many business it makes sense to lease / license rather than buy. It also lowers the barrier to entry. The days of prohibitively expensive software is done. From a developer’s perspective it also makes sense, because perpetual income is better than once-off or seasonal sales.

1 Like

For some software it makes perfect sense. Especially when it comes to productivity software, pay for what you use.

I get it for the most part, but my boss doesnt, he wants to pay it once off and that is it, upgrade when he needs too.

I dont even want to tell him my pastel wont be supported soon.

This is autocad licenses.

Pastel it would be great to pay for the part we use, not all of it.

It really is a South African mindset. We want to “own” everything - cars, houses, software, servers, etc. In other countries, rentals are much more common (and preferred) than buying property and leasing cars are the common way of owning a new car. Look at Volvo’s “rental” option which is doing well internationally, but only has (quite literally) 10 customers in ZA. The same goes for software… The global scene is praising the move to cloud hosting and services, with costs that can scale to what and how you use it.

2 Likes

Yep I just wish there was a way that old fashioned bosses would learn to understand it

I have to try and explain this concept to him again today and I REALLY don’t want to. He HATES leasing

1 Like