Beating Off 2.0

found something better on etsy for myself:

and for my friend whom i have convinced to also dress up:

OneDayOnly is actually rather overpriced on MANY of their items. We looked a bit deeper into this the other day and it is actually SHOCKING!!
I am now again the person that has NEVER seen a ANY episodes of Game of thrones… I even forgot the name now, lol. And people were up at 3am to watch it already!!!

And I have at least seem the Star Wars episode with CP30 in it…

1 Like

how do you live in this day and age??? do you not get FOMO?

2 Likes

I suffer from HEAVY FOMO.
But Game of thrones is just meh… I have heard the intro song ONCE as well. At a Trance Party… As a Dan Scot remix…

2 Likes

hahaha ok, what about the show dont you like, or is it now just a case of its to far along for me to catch up etc?

To be honest, there is NOTHING in it that grabs my attention.
In fact, ALL I know about GoT, I have learnt from 9Gag…

1 Like

Mornings peoples … so who here has flown Emirates before and wants to just share what it was like? Kakking lekker here at the prospect of flying for the first time :expressionless:

2 Likes

Emirates is a very good airline. The service and food is good and you should not have any issue flying with them. I believe they are one of the best airlines available. But long distance flying sucks, regardless of airline.

3 Likes

I flew for the FIRST time last year and flew with Emirates.
Was actually awesome! The food was better than I expected. Flights were actually like being in a car, just SUPER high up. Lol!!
They have LOADS of new movies etc on board as well as games etc. I spent most of the time watching the plane’s camera and out the window.
Not sure where you are flying, but if you stop in Dubai, BE PREPARED… I paid R72 for a cup of coffee… ONE.Cup.Of.Coffee. Not even Starbucks, just plain crappy coffee

2 Likes

One of the better airlines to fly with. Their food is acceptable; Seats are comfortable enough. In-flight entertainment is good.

This, I cannot even stress this enough… I paid £5 for a 500ml coke, yes folks, thats R90 for a bottle of coke because Dubai. So I bought 3 (because we were thirsty and stuck in Dubai for a couple of hours), you can also enjoy a R240 burger. It was 40 degrees in the shade at 5am when we landed.

1 Like

@PsychoFish, we were lucky when we got there… Landed at 6am, straight onto an aircon bus and to the terminal.
Then we had the joy of a 4 and a half hour wait before our flight to Bali. And ALL the sleeping benches were full…
The coffee going to Dubai on the flight was horrible, coming back was MUCH better and I NEEDED a fix…

1 Like

Good to know, much thanks. Things like turbulence or anything that could have me 5yo girl screaming? I know we’re gonna try book a row because there will be 3 adults and 2 kids and that makes being comfortable that much easier. Also someone suggested trying to get the bulkhead seating - more legroom but you don’t have seat tv’s (not a big deal). I will be moving around a lot too, was that easy in your experience?

First long distance flight I had - I sat in the window because more leg room - what you do not consider is the fact that 2 other people need to move so you can move.

Whatever you do, dont use BA. They are kak.

Before you fly since your a nervous flyer - smoke up if you do that, if you dont, go to the chemist and get phenegan - lovely antihistamine that makes you sleepy - it shouldnt knock you out. Ask for the strong one. Get at least 30 - that way when you are in the uk you can use it to adjust to the time. Yes that 2 hours actualy fooks up your brain especially if you arrive in summer like I did.

Otherwise just get up and move every now and again, our inflight entertainment did not exist - it was broken, luckily I had a book for the first part of the flight and then I got bored. Asked for wine, and more wine and that with the phenegan made me that inconsiderate person who sleeps.

Don’t wear jeans or if you do, pack a tracksuit for the flight - you need to get comfy and I found jeans got meh. Also warm stuff, it does cool off on the flight.

1 Like

i always tell people before getting on a plane to watch the first final destination movie, it really a relaxes you alot, true story :wink:

2 Likes

The only place to get good legroom is the emergency aisles.

2 Likes

Remember that kids cannot sit in an emergency isle

1 Like

Flying is not that bad. There is just a lot of waiting involved.

If you can sit next to people you know, perfect. Otherwise you have to hope you sit next to reasonable people.

Got a tablet or laptop in case I need to do my own thing and will have some Xanor. Also literally went out recently and got tracksuit pants and a hoodie for the day of travel, sorted!

1 Like

The people that walk around with these things are weird though.

Also easy shoes to take on and off ne!