Beating Off 2.0

@Mephisto_Helix, I was PETRIFIED about the flight… I watched videos before the time and then saw the ‘runway’ at Bali… LMAO!!! That was enought to freak me out further…
To be honest, I did not need the sleeping pills at all. We had very little turbulance and we had ONE incident where it knocked an Air Hostess off her feet. Other than that, the worst was the person next to me and the crappy coffee…
And no one told me just HOW loud the toilets would be, those things sound like a jet on their own…

You can take your laptop etc, just make sure that they are in Airplane Mode.

YES! I flew out in jeans… Mistake… Came back in a tracksuit pants and frumpy shirt. Sleep will also NOT be an option on the flight…

1 Like

I’m definitely taking one of those pillows on my flight later this year. My neck got so sore when we flew to Zanzibar. I wished I had one of those.

2 Likes

I also can’t fall asleep.

I don’t remember my neck getting sore. I just don’t like carrying around extra stuff. More chance to forget something somewhere.

1 Like

I am the person that sleeps in a car, bus, on a train, I am DAMN good in bed… I can sleep for DAYS…
EXCEPT on a plane… I would nap for maybe 15-20 min at a time, but nothing over 30minutes. Then crashed HARD when we got to the hotel

1 Like

Thanks, that is exactly kind of experience I was interested in hearing about. These mense who have too perfect of a flight, now that freaks me out :laughing:

I’m kind of expecting not to sleep at all during the whole shebang. Hell I probably won’t even sleep the night before we leave KZN to be honest. Will be needing the 2 or 3 days set aside for recovery once we get into our place that side for sure … take out and small forays into town the order of the day

1 Like

King Shaka has international departure with Emirates so you won’t even have to fly to Joburg first. I like King Shaka Airport.

I already have anxiety… And then my FIRST flight was just over 9 hours… I managed, you will be ok.
I had input from @Wyvern and a few other people and packed WAAAY too much into my carry on… Didnt need half of it, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

1 Like

Thats a good point. If you’re taking a lot of carry on try get on as soon as possible. Fighting for space is not lekker, walking up and down the cabin so you can put your stuff in random places sucks.

1 Like

I just had a backpack, make sure its lockable - yes people steal your stuff out of the bag. I was lucky because the bins where full, I was allowed to keep it under my seat.

I just had a warm jacket, since I left the uk in summer, but was going to winter in aus, I made sure to have my warm coat - i used it as my blanket - that kak they give on a flight cant keep your big toe warm.

I had just the basics in my bag and one set of extra clothing - I learnt the hard way what happens if your luggage doesnt arrive on your flight - you need to cope for at least a day or even 4 without it.

Put on a shitty movie, you’ll be out in 30 mins

LIES!!!
I DID however eventually watch Alice in Wonderland, the Johnny Depp one…
Not like I had anywhere else to go or anything else to do, lol

1 Like

Try this next time; Order a whisky, put on a movie that you actually want to watch, order another whisky, put on say an Amy Schumer film…wake up and have breakfast

1 Like

I want to try and sleep… Not gouge my ears out… For some reason, I just do not like her. I dont find her funny.

You are not alone in this, I really am not a fan

1 Like

I don’t think anyone likes her

2 Likes

People actually watch Amy Schumer stuff? O_o

I don’t even know who she is.

Oy you owe me pics :stuck_out_tongue: - I wanna see the kids in their tops :stuck_out_tongue:

Jissssss I asked you to whatsapp me! I have the memory of a gold fish!

1 Like

Mine is the size of a gnat
!

So here is your reminder!