Beating Off 2.0

Morning people of the palace

On sunday I burnt the living crap out of my left hand thumb. It blistered, the blister popped, and it is killing me.

As for the weather, it is cold, but not freezing yet during the day, at night yea, but that is why you have blankets and a floof to sleep on the bed.

1 Like

Morning everyone.

2 Likes

Where did you dissapeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar to last night

I disappeared into the land of the white screen. And then I decided that I should (try to) sleep.

1 Like

Morning peoples.

Had a crazy morning! Came in early to get some stuff done and then there were just so much going on.

Hopefully it’ll be quieter now.

2 Likes

Im just hoping the boss can figure out his bloody calendar, he is getting dates and times wrong for meetings

1 Like

Some new social media style thing for gamers it seems. Still trying to figure it out.
The are promoting it now with some comp so thought id try it out and create a group for the hell of it.
Check it out and join the group

1 Like

Unless people start using those platforms it goes nowhere. Take the mew discord as an exsample how many times have me and my brother, hammer ask if anybody want to join for games and nobody answers.

TBH that is a Mew problem in general. Struggle to get it from stagnating. Some members.
But yeah, if no one uses it it goes no where.
I only use Discord for coms when gaming, do not have TS at all anymore.

I am willing to give everything a try, if it works its cool and I was there. If not, I do not loose anything

1 Like

I am on the discord normally at least 3 to 4 nights a week, but when real life interferes I cannot. But then I dont even game at all normally.

I do what I can for Mew.

Most of us do.

I am in diffrent servers aswell with tons of people and have the same problem.

Think there needs to be a social media push or something to get new members here. Something, but tbh I have not been on Mew lots at all lately.
Love the people and always will. But without new blood, activities and so on it becomes stale.

The Mafia games as an example were great fun. But seems too much effort for most people to play.

Multiplayer evening are a great idea, but only the people on Mew know about it.

Why does Mew not have a presence on MyB btw?
MyB Gaming sections is minimal. And was there not some talk of mew working with myB?

Sucks but the community has moved quite a few steps backwards since the MyG days :frowning:

1 Like

I promote it via word of mouth

I will not associate on Mybb - that community is extremely toxic especially towards female gamers. Hence why I am slowly removing myself from most social media - you don’t see me participate much on SA Gamer anymore either. Facebook is just for comps.

I tell people about it when ever i can. But yea no idea how to otherwise get more people here.

Most of us are working full time/part time and the demographic here is more older than kids.

1 Like

Agree MyB is toxic, but there were talks of it was there not?

I can’t seem to get a hold on SA gamer.
I am quite active on carb, but that is mainly because it is very hardware related site.

What made MyG work in its heyday compared to MEW now?

ps. I do not want to be a party pooper, just being realistic

Competitions. When there weren’t any it died.

But yeah we need very active users at MEW and most of us are too busy unfortunately.

1 Like

It wasnt run by fomites, it was a proper business, for now I do what I can to write articles - I am not a journalist at all.

So maybe more people could participate and actually help create content, and not just sit in a corner?

3 Likes

The content is great! Do not think that is the problem. The people on here read it, but we need some way to get people from outside the forum to read it

It helped with the new members indeed. But comps were gone LONG before MyG went “down”. And it was still a very active place

Hence why we share it on FB and so on, I cannot current afford to “boost” posts on there. Maybe share the articles again once you see it on facebook and twitter?