Beating Off 2.0

How many reaches does it get?

Whew I worked very hard to keep it active back then. I just donā€™t have the time anymore.

Itā€™s also a problem that many of us who came from there are now in much higher positions that require a lot more of our attention.

I would love for MEW to do well and have lots of activity but it will really take some work of some people to actively engage. Keep asking questions, keep coming up with new content. But it will need some people to do that and to keep others here. And this time around I cannot help with it.

3 Likes

They average at 9 currently. And not many clicks from there. I fear the market is rather saturated thanks to mybb, sagamer, critical hit and so forth.

I do this as a 3rd job - so I do not have 24/7 for it, nor do I have the right qualifications. I just do what I can and so does the others

3 Likes

@Flex, it would be great if you would be willing to help MEW grow. We can really do with the help.

1 Like

I can try with the social media aspect perhaps. i am pretty good at that Id like to think. My personal page/group posts easily get 1K Reach per post

MyBB is not gamer orientated at all. SAGamer is Stale AF with nothing going on there, not aware of critical hit.
We need to try make it more interactive for people. Not just a place to come and read articles. But to discuss, ask for advice and more importantly, participate in what ever we have going on.

1 Like

What exactly needs to be done?

1 Like

That is the big question - I honestly have no idea how to promote us and get more views and more people.

Most forums are slowing down in this day and age, I have noticed it on various others. It is like IRC, it is dying. Things like Whatsapp groups and telegram and so on are more popular

2 Likes

Forums still have their place. Carbonite is growing and bigger than ever

1 Like

I thought IRC was already dead.

I guess social media and discord would be replacing many kinds of forums though they still have their place. Perhaps it goes back to the question posed the other day as to where all the kids are?

2 Likes

Carbonite is a sellers forum, they will always thrive
It doesnt help to compare the two.

Not solely no. There is a sale sections and a discussion section. Bulk of the activity is on the Discussion section.
So it does indeed help to look and compare to all other local related forums

Lots of stuff has been tried to get more eyeballs here - podcasts, the Discord, sharing the posts through social media. Competitions on MyG brought mostly one-time hit-and-runners, and even our own Steam Giveaways are hugely under-supported. The community events have fallen by the wayside. There was even talk at one point of setting up some sort of loose esports community that came to nothing.

A lot of the difficulty, as others have suggested, comes down to most of us not really having that much free time to dedicate to the place. Letā€™s be honest - when it comes to our very limited free time, would you rather spend it talking about gaming, or actually gaming?

What else can be done? Iā€™m not sure either to be honest. The MEW identity needs to get more recognized among local gamers I suppose. We do need to go to ā€œwhere all the kids areā€, and be active in those places.

Can the MEW Facebook page join gaming related FB groups? I know thereā€™s at least one Xbox Players FB Group with over 3500 members in it. Iā€™m sure there are others. The MEW Twitter and Insta accounts need to be following and interacting with game, developer, media, and game personality accounts. We need to create (and use!) game platform groups/clubs/clans. MEW live streamers should be asked to co-stream using the MEW account. Or at least, try and promote the MEW brand on their channels in some way or other. We need to make much better use of the MEW YouTube and Twitch channels. We need a range of merchandise to help spread the name offline.

Lots of stuff, ideas, things that can be tried. But sadly, all of which takes time and commitment and focus. None of which any of us has much of in reserve.

One thing we all definitely can do more of thoughā€¦ random dancing! :grinning:

Go on and get down with your good selves right now!!

7 Likes

I fear my dancing would cause people to leave

6 Likes

If anyone leaves because youā€™re dancing they didnā€™t deserve to be here in the first place. You dance dude, dance like no-oneā€™s watching, I dare ya!

4 Likes

Trust me its nothing as bad as mine :smiley:

1 Like

Dammit wenzie just made me very hungry by sharing photos of their food tonight

2 Likes

I donā€™t see nothing of food here.

Jis talking about food. I am moerse hungry!

Meh, I just took the bottom element out of the oven. Its dead.