Beating Off 2.0

I guess some people feel they can’t move to Python 3 until every single library is available?

Curses in Amazon

They literally just munged it too much. It now correctly determines the version of Python you have available and executes the appropriate functions and incorporates the correct versions of modules based on that. It wasn’t that hard

How did we get from tea to Python talk so quickly? Rather give me .Net Core or Node.js any day of the week. And React. I still love React. I just built my own state and routing management because Redux and React Router are too complex and inflated for my use. In 5 hours, might I add…

The tea was a distraction from my frustration of fixing Amazon’s usually pretty good Python into something that actually works on more than just Amazon Linux and a Ubuntu 16.04…

Nice thing is that they’re already reviewing my changes. Annoyed that they didn’t bother doing it right the first time

1 Like

Python is my Swiss army knife, for the bulk of automation tasks and especially when dealing with Amazon and GCP it does nearly everything. JSON handling and YAML handling is mature.

When I start touching other languages (DotNET core or node) I’m either writing an API Service or some other web service.

When I’m irritated and want something fast and robust that does something the way I want it to be done the C++ comes out.

Woohoo! I won a Springbok jersey. :smiley:

9 Likes

And we finally have the reason why my pc was acting weird for so long. One of my Ram modules is faulty. So 16gig turned to 8… Meh…

2 Likes

Morning all :wave:

3 Likes

Morning you beautiful fuckers :muscle: hope you all have one kickass awesome weekend

4 Likes

Morning lets game!

2 Likes

I’m actually not going to game this morning. It’s a beautiful day in Bloubergstrand, so I’m going out for a long walk. First treating myself to a breakfast at a coffee shop.

3 Likes

Have fun and let that breakfast at the coffee shop be heavenly.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I’m enjoying the walk and the breakfast was quite good!

4 Likes

I managed to sleep in a bit, Reading in bed for most of the day while nima works. Tonight dreaded birthday party. All the family yay me. Also all the in laws since its the youngest brothers fiancés birthday

1 Like

I had a good, wholesome day. Had a nice breakfast at a coffee shop, went for a long walk after that, supported my devs with a container migration for 2 hours and then had a surprise lunch with my parents who drove through from Kleinmond. Now I’m ready for some gaming!

3 Likes

I was casually browsing through the FIFA Women’s World Cup info and came across this game, it seems that the US were significantly better than Thailand…

Try guess the final score before you watch:

1 Like

Morning all :wave:

1 Like

Happy Father’s Day to you and to yours!

5 Likes

And bonus points when your son is called Luke :grin:

2 Likes