Beating Off 2.0

haha that is slightly weird but still a valid reason not to get one

And then there is me who wants a decent one but they dont make them for 3/4 beds

I got for my half of the bed. I will be toasty warm and she will just have to suffer her icy cold fate

1 Like

you see he also wants one for his side of the bed, but the answer still stays NO. i told him if he wants one we will need to get separate beds…

we have this conversation every night when i get into bed cause he complains im too cold

Britain’s Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service conducted a study of electric blankets in 1996, it found that 99% of electric blanket-related fires involved blankets more than 10 years old. And that 89% of electric blanket fatalities were individuals over the age of 66.

Modern electric blankets are plenty safe, but if you’re elderly and haven’t replaced your 15-year old blanket, you’re on the wrong side of the statistics.

hoekom nie net a enkel bed ene kry nie?

Ons het gekyk na dit, hulle het net die elcheapo’s aka jy sien die drade deur die kombersie - dis te dun ek kan nie op net drade slaap nie

No duvet thievery! Sounds like living the dream right there

2 Likes

Nope, still not getting one.

i was 11 when the one i had, burned my pillow and i only saw it the following morning when i made up my bed. also the husband had one when he still stayed at home and the one day when he took it off his bed his mattress had burn marks on it. so definitely a nope

2 Likes

ja he is also the one who steals blankets, cause he is forever tossing and turning and is built like a triangle due to going to the gym so much…

1 Like

How many fires where recorded?

Hmmmm. Triangle.

I feel like nachos for some reason.

Doesn’t say. Did see one article that said something like 5000 fires in the UK are linked to electric blankets though. Way too many.

1 Like

That is a surprisingly large amount

3 Likes

My electric blanket is currently called Becky

She bites when you try to move her from your spot on the bed

1 Like

I hate electric blankets, warm bottels (bags) or whatever the ENglish folk call them

1 Like

I suppose you could just eat another of those chilli’s and be good to go.

Never again! Still one of the, not so smarter things I have done

1 Like

I would have an electrician have a look at that. Does not seem healthy

1 Like

2 Likes