“This is not the greatest topic in the world… this is just a tribute”

Does it though? The way ours works is based on a tier system, the first 350kWh are at about R1,40 per kWh and then the price steps up, regardless of how much you buy at a time. I see Cape Town is different in terms of tiers (Link) The tiers are according to calendar month so to save money you’d preferably get just enough to last the month (whether in one voucher or more) and avoid having excess as it will be charged at the higher rater.

1 Like

You will be charge on the HOME USER Tariff if:
 You have a credit meter (whatever your municipal property value), or you have a prepayment meter
and a municipal property valuation of R1 000 000 or more.
 The HOME USER TARIFF works as follows:
o A monthly service charge (to reflect on the consolidated monthly accounts as “HOME USER
CHARGE”) of (R142.02 plus VAT) = R163.32
o Block 1:
 0 – 600 kWh per calendar month (175.46 c/kWh plus VAT) = 201.78 c/kWh
o Block 2:
 Above 600 kWh per calendar month (242.14 c/kWh plus VAT) = 278.46 c/kWh

It looks like we fall under that one yay

I have just noticed when I buy R200 worth - I normally get 99 units, but end of the month R200 = 72 units

Thats checks out then:

R200 / 201,78 x 100 = 99,11

R200 / 278,46 x 100 = 71,82

2 Likes

We don’t have prepaid in our building. But I sometimes think it would be better.

1 Like

Seagate one but it was really old instead of 3tb on it it said 3000gb

I just thought of something, are we going to do another Jo-Burgers Meat Up this year?

5 Likes

Sure, I’m keen.

3 Likes

Yea exactly, but mr grumpus wont see that then
I am just tired of the fights

1 Like

I’m also keen.

3 Likes

I boycott this meet!

2 Likes

Can you imagine, the first person to give a congratulatory clap, let alone a standing ovation.
They must have been thought crazy or mad… :laughing:

@czc yes I’m game for that as well.

1 Like

Oorleef jy!??!

Jong barely… Eks vandag by die huis want eks siek… Ek ens ek kon permanently siek wees by die huis om nie met daai vrou te deal nie

2 Likes

I’m keen, and if I remember correctly this time we’ll be meeting closer to the Joburg side?

4 Likes

First official day of Web Summit is done, with yesterday only being opening statements and ceremony. I’m experiencing quite a bit of Lisboa (the local name for Lisbon) each day and it is, quite frankly, a wonderful city. It’s not big, but it has so much character and charm.

Public transport isn’t all that expensive, with a 5x “24 hour period” all access pass (buses, trams, trains, metro and ferries) costing €30. So stretching the off peak times between ticket validation can net you a whole week for that. The metro is clean, punctual, safe and quick, and I’ve always had an open seat to occupy.

I can’t say the same for the trams though… They were incredibly packed and kept getting stuffed at every stop with nobody getting off. Granted it was on Sunday and everyone was traveling to the shopping district which contains a famous bakery serving their national pride - Pastel de Nata.

I would’ve never considered Portugal or Lisbon as a holiday destination and it was never on my bucket list of places to see. How wrong could I have been… This place is incredible.

5 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Morning

2 Likes

Morning all
That sounds wonderful.

1 Like

Happy Humpday

1 Like