Beautiful Desolation: A Most Epic Review

Backer keys are out. Check your email.

If you were using a Beta Backer key you need to opt out of the Beta and you should be good to go when the game launches at 7pm - no need to reinstall. Beta saves should work.

3 Likes

Quickly played the beginning this morning.
Must say the green info boxes is a bit of an eye sore.

1 Like

Im a bit hesitant to do that, but might throw $5 as an experimentā€¦ just gotta dust off my amazon login details :smiley:

1 Like

I donā€™t mind them

1 Like

Nice to see this appearing on Karrakā€™s channel and his coverage of it, such a great reviewer in my opinion.

3 Likes

The broken english, afrikaans will really let english speaking only people go wtf, navigation is a bit of a pain and I canā€™t find shortcut keys for the codex.

2 Likes

There is no shortcut keys - hence why I said play with pen and paper.

Okay the game is just not fun for me so requested a refund.

Hope you guys like it but just not fun.

Ultimately the puzzles are what killed this experience for me. Now, this is the game where you have to look for hints in a dialogue, which in itself is not a problem, but even when I managed to follow the hints, sometimes the game was not behaving as it should. I was doing a quest with 2 skeletons which for some reason stopped abruptly in the middle and randomly resumed 30 minutes later after I gave up. It often feels like you get new quest lines in random places with no obvious triggers, essentially forcing you to check every location just in case. You have the option to read the previous dialogue in case you miss the hint, but I think the game needs a summary of current objectives so you not looking for key-words through an ocean of old conversations

Okay so it was not just me running around and for triggers not to trigger.

4 Likes

At the bottom of an email to stasis backers. :smiley:

ā€œOverall, Beautiful Desolation is brilliant.ā€ - Most Epic Win

3 Likes

That is silly but it makes me so happy!

1 Like

They fixed that for you

2 Likes