Best & Most Random of Your Reddit Feed

2 Likes
2 Likes

Next astronaut comes past: “Why are the controls sticky?!”

4 Likes

It gets lonely in space

3 Likes

Yoh, I hate Redditors… Guys were upset that their attempts to draw Table mountain across the SA flag on r/place keeps getting erased. So I said (no idea why I even try to comment) maybe its because SA is more than just a mountain… Now I am a dense, unpatriotic embarrassment to this great nation. :rofl:

4 Likes

How dare you!

1 Like

I keep adding a pixel to the end of the flower stalk on the right. Some anal retentive redditor keeps changing it back to boring blue.

I think the funniest thing about it all is that just about everyone is using Discord to coordinate their r/place designs. Sure there’s been a huge boost of activity on Reddit, but I’m sure Discord ain’t complaining. :grinning:

Here’s what it looks like at the moment. Curious to see if it’ll survive now that many are at work and not able to defend it until r/place closes.

3 Likes

I don’t even know how all this works.

2 Likes

I was also quite lost, and I think it’s over now [Edit - it’s still live!] I think how it worked was that there was a big canvas where each user could choose the colour of a single pixel - I’m not sure how often [ Edit once every minutes]. Then through co-ordinating with other users you could start creating pixel art - larger images would require thousands or tens of thousands of people to work together. Many rallied around creating flags, others artwork of popular memes or logos. The challenge is that someone can can along and change the pixel you set so you’d have to “defend” the image by changing the pixel back.

Here’s a time lapse of the whole thing: https://rplace.space/

There were many mini-drama’s unfolding as nations defended and upgraded their flags. Certain streamers wielded their influence to either try destroy art or defend it.

Apparently Germany extended their flag all across the image. And there was the void appearing and claiming areas at certain points. Lastly the Among Us agents could be found hidden (and not so hidden) all throughout the canvas.

This is what I gathered from some browsing through r/place

3 Likes

@DarthMol’s pretty much covered it all 100%. It’s a collaborative, open, pixel art canvas. It was a Reddit April Fool’s thing a couple of years ago that they brought back this year, but with a larger canvas (after the two expansions) and more time to work on it. The timelapse that Darth linked is a solid “summary” of the event so far this year, but you need to go see the actually canvas for yourself to appreciate the effort and coordination that has gone into it. And the artisitic value of course.

I’m happy to see that not only has my protea stem extension pixel stayed in place, it’s since been added to :smiley:

3 Likes

And so the kak begins…

ETA - Never mind me. Seems it’s a “planned” redesign. Seems a bit silly at this point, but all power to them.

Updated Template 4/4/22 13:15 : Copy of SA with Madiba - April 4, 7:28 AM - Google Drive
https://www.reddit.com/r/southafrica/comments/tvie3g/rplace_coordination_live_thread/

2 Likes

It looks weird now. I thought the springbok growing out of Mandela’s head was temporary. Seems not. And is that supposed to be a taxi in the red bit on the left? And the things in the black, what are they? And the map needs a lot of work still.

1 Like

The things in the black are a rugby ball and trophies

2 Likes

Yep, three world cup trophies!

3 Likes

A final canvas shortly before the Great Whiteout at the end of r/Place 2022.

3 Likes

OH MY GOSH! Teared up!

3 Likes

Teared up even me too.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

That’s the same guy and challenge (with a different theme of course) that @MetalSoup did last year, right?

2 Likes