Bioware has revealed some of the bug fixes before the Anthem Open Demo this weekend

It seems that Bioware has taken all the complaints that they have received about the demo that a lot of us got to “play” over the past weekend onboard.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/anthemdemobugfixes/
1 Like

I was going to preload it - then I saw its download size…
NOW, I have the Anthem Demo forever in my Library :expressionless:

I’m definitely hoping to spend time in the open demo this weekend. Hopefully these fixes make things a little less irritating for everyone.

As an aside… I see Origin Access Basic is on special until 4 Feb. You can get one month access for R14.95 at the moment. That would get you access to the library for a month and 10 hours of early access to Anthem from the 15th Feb. (If you do it, remember to cancel the sub immediately afterwards so you don’t get charged the normal price recurring sub.)

https://www.origin.com/zaf/en-us/store/origin-access

1 Like

The fixes are only in the release version and this weekend’s demo is going still going to be the same build?

1 Like

Ja there’s no way they make all those fixes for the open demo.

At least the infinite load fix works most of the time…

1 Like

Yip, the bulk of the fixes are probably going into a Day 1 patch. I did read that the Open Demo will use the same install as the VIP Demo (so don’t remove your download) but that you should do an update to it before playing this weekend, so presumably they’re patching some stuff in. From that feedback post, mostly looks like stuff trying to resolve authentication and infinite loading issues:

We’ve got a long list of things that were addressed during the weekend, or are being addressed for next weekend’s public demo. These include:

• Entitlement bugs
  • Server performance updates to address much of the rubber-banding
  • Fixes for infinite loads and more being investigated
  • Platform bugs to validate Javelin unlocks
  • Client and platform login bugs

We’re doing more scale testing this week, particularly to be ready for the opening rush of players on Friday, and to verify we’ve got “infinite load” problems improved, the latter of which was a primary frustration for many players.

2 Likes

these alone will make a HUGE difference

2 Likes