Black Friday Deals

I’m well aware of that… Fact is I still didn’t go for it. Might wait until their financial year-end sale and revisit my decision.

NO IT’S NOT! IT ENDED WHEN I DECIDED NOT TO GO FOR THE DEAL AROUND 11:00 THIS MORNING.

1 Like

Hahaha that must’ve been in the fine print I didn’t read

I missed that bit of news shockingly enough

Ok, I caved and bought one thing for the day… Assassin’s Creed Origins on Steam for R339! I’ve been eyeing the game for a loooooong time and the price is low enough for me to consider it now. Can’t wait to give it a bash later tonight after it downloads!

Getting there:

4 Likes

I’m also eyeing that, but on ps4. Enjoy it :+1:

1 Like

Can someone perhaps keep an eye out for intel i7-7700k cpu deals, am trying as well but just incase you guys know of other places, if i can get it for like ±4k that would be awesome

For gaming I would not recommend that cpu

Amazon reviews say it’s fine, why would it not be for gaming?

EDIT: like seriously all the reviews say it’s good

My black friday purchases… so far :grin:

2 Likes

Good luck with that pricing, it’s closer to R8k new. You’d only realistically find something near R4k on the second hand market but they are very scarce there too.

Because you can buy an i5-8400 which gives similar performance for significantly less. Hyperthreading, which is the major feature of an i7 provides exactly 0 benefit to gaming.

I would not say zero performance. Battlefield 5 loves HT and SMT CPU’s a lot more, compared to a standard quad/hex core. Of course this is just one title in an ocean of many.

I do agree that the 7700k is over priced, due to being unlocked, vs AMD’s offerings or lintels 8-series.

As for Black Friday, nothing went on special I wanted. Hoping Cyber Monday gives me something interesting.

0 benefit, as the performance gained far outweighs the price difference. Last check I did the 7700 was between 1 and 5% faster in most gaming benchmarks compared to the relatively lackluster 8400. But from a price perspective its way more than 5% more expensive. Yes, you can overclock the 7700K, but even then an i5-8600K is a cheaper and better option

1 Like

Made a topic so any advice there would be appreciated

You filthy little liars. :smile:

Your account will be charged when the order enters the shipping process. If you pay with a credit card and the item you order is sold by Amazon.com or one of our Merchant partners, we won’t charge you until the order enters the shipping process.

1 Like

Haha I haven’t ordered from there in a while but they always charged me immediately.

It finally went off this morning. Now I feel a lot poorer, but no buyers remorse yet. :innocent:

3 Likes

Hey at least it is on its way!

2 Likes

Well, technically not yet, but it’s on its way to being to on its way

4 Likes