Black Friday Deals

aaand nothing I want is on special, guess I have to wait a lot of months until I can upgrade my PC :frowning: unless cyber Monday has something worthwhile

2 Likes

At least I got a PS4 from Takealot at 30% off. Was a mission to buy it though since the payment gateway had issues. Could have gotten it for cheaper on the eBucks site, but Takealot had better combos (4 games included) whereas eBucks shop just gave 2 controllers. Essentially I spent R950 which is not bad at all for a nice-to-have.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s cool. Welcome to the club! :grin:

So i had a look on Amazonā€™s website and i can get all the PC parts i need for my new computer at R2000 less than what i would pay hereā€¦ no wonder so many people buy from overseas.

3 Likes

One Day Only has a pretty good deal on the XBOX One S, going for R3499ā€¦

1 Like

Does that include shipping?

Yes. They calculate shipping costs at checkout.

1 Like

shipping from them is normally R60 so cheaper than most!

Also managed to score my humidifier - different make and model but great amazon reviews

https://www.takealot.com/beurer-ultrasound-air-humidifier-lb-37-white-energy-efficient/PLID44834297

Couldnt get on their website but got it on the app

1 Like

Donā€™t think itā€™s actually a black friday deal, but I just impulse ordered this.

Works out to R 3,602.62

I caved and bought an Asus monitor from Amazon. Simply cannot compare to local prices. I hate not being able to support local business, but every now and then I have to look after me? Right? Am I right? Or am I a heartless consumer? What is wrong with me?!

Asus ROG Swift

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had a look yet but Iā€™m hoping for a good special on the XBox Game Pass. The one on the XBox store didnā€™t work for me or @Hiro for reason.

I have never ordered from Amazon before. It makes me a bit nervous, but that thing is over 50% cheaper than locally.

Iā€™ve ordered lots of stuff from them before. My biggest concern is if I have to replace something. Not sure how that will work.

Amazon you can trust. They are amazing, just make sure the shipping and the customs wont make it more expensive.

Yeah they say theyā€™re taking care of the import fees, Iā€™m just wondering when my card will actually get charged. Iā€™m guessing once they actually ship?

1 Like

No, immediately.

1 Like

Normally almost instantly if I remember right, could be just the banking systems being slow thanks to the black friday mess.

1 Like

Nothing yet.

Who is your bank? I know FNB and ABSA is struggling

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s FNB. Iā€™ll just be patient. Itā€™s going to take a couple of weeks anyway.

1 Like