Books that would make for great game worlds

I’m busy reading my way through The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson and was thinking how cool it would be to have a game set in the world of Roshar. Actually, many of Sanderson’s book series would work well since he has such inventive and we’ll thought out magic systems in his novels.

There have been so many great games based on the incredible world’s created in novels: The Witcher, Lord of the Rings, Metro series, Dune.

Which book world would you like to see developed into a game?

3 Likes

It exists but I never got to play it and I would love a modern one. Wheel of Time.

Others I can think of would be Altered Carbon and The Steel Remains both by Richard Morgan.

2 Likes

Not a game, but it is coming as a TV series in November.

The Wheel of Time is an upcoming American epic fantasy television series set to premiere on Amazon Prime Video. The series is based on Robert Jordan’s novel series of the same name.
The first season is expected to premiere on Prime Video in November 2021. In May 2021, the series was renewed for a second season ahead of the series premiere.

It’s already been optioned for a second season, so maybe if it’s popular enough a new game might evolve out of it. Amazon Game Studios could take it seeing as they already have the screen rights… :thinking:

1 Like

It actually was a game. “First Person Shooter” Lol

2 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t disputing that - I meant that while there isn’t a new game coming out, there is a TV series to keep fans satisfied for a while… :smiley:

1 Like

My first thought was Altered Carbon too, and then I thought of Westworld as well. Plus, each “world” could be sold as DLC at full game prices…

Yeah this is the one I was referring which I never got to play. I remember getting my hands on the game but I could never get it to run on modern systems. It just crashes after like a minute.

3 Likes