Browser Wars 2K23

Well Edge made it very easy to transition to, imported all bookmarks passwords etc…

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I hardly, if ever, use browser extensions. What are some extensions and add-ons that people like to use? I like to find things that help productivity.

1 Like

Standard:

• LastPass
  • SurfShark
  • uBlock Origin
  • MS Editor

Regular:

• Print/PDF Friendly (for reasonably formatted webpage articles as PDF for student handouts)
  • a YouTube downloader (again for videos and TED Talks to use offline in classes)
3 Likes

uBlock is the only extension I use. In firefox, I use it in default mode. In chrome based browsers, I block the world, EVERYTHING, and selectively turn on things per website. Also add certain domains to it’s blacklist.

Welcome to 2022, where browsers are the highest surface of attack, with the lowest effort, and the most uninformed immediately trusting users.

4 Likes

Adblock plus, forever and always.
DownloadHelper, helps me archive Gaki no Tsukai videos.

4 Likes

My extensions are:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Haha, funnily enough the one time I tried Firefox was enough to put me off it forever.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I tend to agree with the Google statement: more problems fixed does not show a lack of security.

Also, the biggest trees catches the most air…

Also, I dont use Chrome :grin:

4 Likes

That article was written by someone who is the Automotive Editor. So what does he know? He also didn’t paint a good picture of the data.

Some tangentially related stats about Google Chrome security vulnerabilities.
https://www.cvedetails.com/product/15031/Google-Chrome.html?vendor_id=1224

2 Likes

A new contender and from what I can gauge, it has some things that it does great but it is still young and buggy. From what I’ve heard they listen to their user base and get things done in a respectable turn around time.

3 Likes

MacOS only…eeeewwwww

5 Likes