Browser Wars 2K23

I used to use Firefox and then switched to Chrome a couple of years back. Will switch to Edge at some point this year. I’ve been using it more and more but haven’t made a full switch.

3 Likes

I have tried them all (except Safari) and used to be Chrome based because most of my stuff is Google based. But have been using MS Edge for the last year or 2 and have been very happy! I refuse to use BING though, and still Google search my stuff.

Because it is using the chromium webkit (or something like that) all my extensions still work (BitWarden, Augmented Steam etc.) It also runs really well on my Android phone and syncs open tabs (the only thing I need syncing anyway, as I don use bookmarks or have any browser save my passwords / credit card details anyway.

Short version: EDGE!

3 Likes

I really prefer the Chrome-based browsers, but these CTDs are getting old fast. You’d think after all these months they would have solved the issue by now. Maybe I should consider moving some of my tasks to Firefox.

What are you doing that you are experiencing CTDs? I’ve never had a single one using Edge…

1 Like

So I’ve tried out Edge, granted in a somewhat limited usage, on both MacBook and phone. I am not experiencing any of the benefits of connected or synced devices, what am I doing wrong?

Edge for linux…

On Edge, I only have crypto exchanges open for passive monitoring… sometimes trading. Then sometimes I get back to my computer or try to navigate back and I find that the window has closed. Luckily it has a Restore function for when it closed automatically, but some of the exchanges require me to log in again which is a mission between the 2FAs and nonsense.

On Chrome, all my windows suddenly crashes sometimes while just watching a Youtube video. Heck, Chrome would sometimes eventually crash even though I just have a video open (and on pause).

On Brave I rarely have crashes, but that is probably because I don’t really keep open pages that work / operate in the background.

This whole Chrome crashing nonsense only started sometime last year. Don’t know what the heck they did. There was an article earlier this month saying that Google “found the bug” causing this and it was due to a bug in some very old code… but these days it seems to be crashing daily.

Did you log in?

1 Like

Microsoft is the single largest contributor to open-source projects in the world.

2 Likes

So? ID2020 is open source (which Microsoft is hugely involved with). Doesn’t mean I’m ok with the project.

1 Like

Time to whip out the :roll_eyes: everytime @murfle mentions Microsoft…

3 Likes

Or any of these tech giants that are running the world.

2 Likes

:grimacing: They run the world?!

1 Like

They’re gaining too much power. Don’t forget a year ago the big social media platforms banned the president of the USA, for example.

2 Likes

While I tend to agree, I don’t think Microsoft really falls into that league.

3 Likes

If I gave a crap, I’d be more concerned about the members of US society that voted for the man to become president in the first place than the social media platforms that banned him. :stuck_out_tongue: They’re the ones who perpetuated (and still are to a large degree) the environment of bullshit and misinformation that he reguritated and fed into for popularity points at the expense of the lives of the very citizens he was supposed to be serving.

Fortunately, I don’t give a crap, so there’s that. :smiley:

2 Likes

Run. Ruin. Same same.

2 Likes

Ya, it’s the people that give any of the above power in the first place.

People are definitely the problem.

1 Like

lol yes I did :sweat_smile:

Maybe I just dunno where to look, click, or tap. But I have tabs open on my phone and wanted to view them on desktop, which I couldn’t find, even tried sending the tab to my device.

1 Like

Looking in Settings > History. Short cut is Ctrl+H (Cmd+H for you I guess?)

2 Likes