Brute Force Challenge 2023

Added a topic to test the sheet even more. Anyone know a way to copy and paste into gsheets without the formatting? Pasted first into notepad and then there to prevent the giant bold text and link.

2 Likes

Right-click on the cell where you want to paste, select Paste Special option > Values only. Or keyboard shortcut if you’re on PC is Ctrl+Shift+V.

2 Likes

Sunday night update:

BFC23 Current Standings

Current Points & Rank - 05 Feb @ 23:50
Points Rank
CZC 10.6 1
GregRedd 7.6 2
Hammer 4.6 3
Wyvern 4.1 4
Beo 3.6 5
DarthMol 3.4 6

Live Score Sheet

3 Likes

Wow im not at the bottom…already an improvement from last year

5 Likes

I’m luring y’all into a false sense of security…

4 Likes

I’m thinking we need to make another adjustment to the points available for replies. We are currently splitting 25 points across all participants, weighted to the number of replies each person makes. I think that 25 is still too many.

Currently I’ve made almost double the next person which is why I’m at 7.6 points at the moment. That’s the equivalent of a new article and a new topic for some fairly simple topic comments and replies. It doesn’t feel quite right and totally lekker to me. I know it will still shift and change as the month progresses, but I don’t want comments and replies to land up being a bigger influence on the points than articles and topics.

Participants vote please:

• Keep it as is - 25 points each month for comments and replies
  • Drop it to 2 points per participant - 12 points per month at the moment
  • Change it to a different amount (fixed or calculated) - comment below
  • Scrap points for comments and replies entirely

0 voters

If only someone with such a galactic size super brain predicted and raised it as a potential issue…

I vote to give it only a max of 10 points

2 Likes

What is dis, and why am I tagged :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, I thought dropping from the original proposal of 100 points down to 25 would be okay. Wrong. Why didn’t you kak on me earlier?

2 Likes

See OP for details. And here for history and background.

Cos I thought you might want to consider joining in as a Participant cos you know words.

1 Like

Maybe something like 2 points available per person entered. 1 point for x number of posts and the second point when you get over y number of posts.

Number posts > x award 1 point
Number posts > y award 2 points

Also, the original idea of teh Brute force was to encourage more posting.

2 Likes

I have a strict one kak per person strategy in dealing with people in public, otherwise my asshole tendencies are on display too much.

I almost like @czc idea of only getting points at a threashold means you can limit the overall impact number of comments have on the points.

2 Likes

Going to give @czc’s suggestion a try for a week or two and see how it goes. Still open to adjusting things more if need be though. Last year or two had a 30 comment posts per week requirement. Roughly on that basis:

• 99 or fewer posts = 0 points
  • 100 - 149 posts = 1 point
  • 150 - 199 posts = 2 points
  • 200 or more posts = 4 points

So, to get at least 1 point you need to make an average of 25 posts per week in the month. To hit the maximum 4 points, you’ll need to post an average of 50 a week.

Will make changes to the score sheet later tonight or tomorrow AM.

3 Likes

That is a feat.

Maybe we need to organise another mafia game to enable increased posting. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Updated the score tracker with the revised comment replies points system. Added in a low tier half point for between 50 and 99 posts - call it a participation award.

I think the score sheet looks a little more representative of reality now.

Points Rank
CZC 12.5 1
DarthMol 7.5 2
Hammer 2.0 3
GregRedd 0.5 4
Beo 0.5 4
Wyvern 0.0 6
4 Likes

I have tried to add my topic but it wont let me ?

1 Like

Try now that I’ve given you access :grinning:

1 Like

Baie dankie!

1 Like

One week left to rack up points for February. :grinning:

3 Likes

Crunch time!

2 Likes