Brute Force Challenge 2023

Last day of Month 1. I’ve been lax in Feb giving y’all a chance to get a head start on me. (That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!) Come March, no more Mr Nice Guy! :grinning:

Remember that articles must be edited and published before the end of the day in order to count towards your February score.

If you do post an article today, make sure to do so with enough time to allow someone to check it. And if you do see someone asking for an edit and you have 5 minutes, help a fellow contestant out - you might need an urgent edit sometime down the line too.

Remember to add the article title, and any new topics you create today, to the February score sheet please.

I will probably do the comment counts pretty much at midnight tonight.

Type on!

2 Likes

Good reminder about the articles needing to be edited. I will avail myself to help edit, and will hopefully have something to be edited too.

1 Like

Brute Force Challenge 2023 - Month 1 Scores

February is done and dusted! Congratulations all round - everyone managed to get their first points on the board! :clap:

February’s :1st_place_medal: Top Performer was @czc who takes the Gold medal and a healthy 8 point lead into month 2. :2nd_place_medal: @DarthMol takes Silver for the month, and :3rd_place_medal: yours truly, charming and delightful, pockets the Bronze.

BFC23 Overall Standings

Current Points & Rank 01 Mar @ 00:00
Points Rank
@CZC 18.0 1
@DarthMol 10.0 2
@GregRedd 8.0 3
@Wyvern 3.0 4
@DieGrootHammer 2.5 5
@Beo 1.0 6

Monthly Medals Table

Name Total Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov
CZC 1 (1-0-0) :1st_place_medal:
DarthMol 1 (0-1-0) :2nd_place_medal:
GregRedd 1 (0-0-1) :3rd_place_medal:
Wyvern -
Hammer -
Beo -

Write on!

3 Likes

Out of the gate i stumbled and the points reflect the reality. But forecasts for the upcoming months shows a huge uptick in activity!

3 Likes

Good luck for the new month everyone.

3 Likes

Brute Force Challenge 2023 - Month 2 (March) Scores

The second month of BFC23 is complete :clap: and two clear front runners have emerged. It’s still early in the Challenge year though with another 8 months still to go. Plenty of time for the others to climb the table.

:1st_place_medal: Gold medal winner for the month is @Moi with a solid 43-point haul. I intended to have at least one month where I score the maximum points possible in one month. I was 6 short this time. Silver medal this month to @czc who adds another 33 points to his February tally. @DarthMol adds a :3rd_place_medal: Bronze to his medal collection.

On the Overall Standings then @CZC holds onto the lead by the barest of margins. His comment count of 150 was exactly enough to get him 2 points for Comments. That puts him at 51 points in total, the same as me. @czc retains the lead though because he has posted more Articles than me: 8 versus my 5. Stay sharp @czc, I’m coming for you!

Behind us @Darthmol is comfortably in P3 on 18 points, @Wyvern holds her spot in 4th, and @DieGrootHammer and @Beo share 5th, equal on 3 points. (Hammer takes that tie-breaker with his 1 New Topic over Beo’s none.)

BFC23 Overall Standings at 1 April

Current Points & Rank 01 April @ 00:05
Points Rank
@CZC 51.0 1
@GregRedd 51.0 1
@DarthMol 18.0 3
@Wyvern 5.0 4
@DieGrootHammer 3.0 5
@Beo 3.0 5

Monthly Medals Table

@CZC 2 (1-1-0) :1st_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal:
@GregRedd 2 (1-0-1) :3rd_place_medal: :1st_place_medal:
@DarthMol 2 (0-1-1) :2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal:
@Wyvern -
@Hammer -
@Beo -

Don’t let the April Fool catch you out! You’ve got 30 days to rack those points up!

3 Likes

Good write up.

Wow you really push at the end there.

2 Likes

Here’s your mid-month BFC23 update, Challengers.

BFC23 Current Standings

Current Points & Rank 16 April @ 14:20
Points Rank
@GregRedd 63.0 1
@CZC 55.5 2
@DarthMol 24.5 3
@Beo 5.5 4
@Wyvern 5.5 4
@DieGrootHammer 3.0 6

Two weeks left in the month to get those articles and topics up and posted - y’all are leaving a fortune of points on the table at the moment.

3 Likes

I always read that thinking it’s a Battlefield game.

4 Likes

Actually, not far wrong. :grin:

2 Likes

Had the same thought.

3 Likes

Brute Force Challenge 2023 - Month 3 (April) Scores

Month Three of BFC23 is complete! :clap: A generally slow month to be frank, but some decent content created at least and points in the bag for most again.

:1st_place_medal: Gold medal winner for the month is @MeMyself with 20 points for the month. Nowhere close to the 43 of last month :expressionless: Silver medal this month to @czc who picked up 14 points. @DarthMol adds another :3rd_place_medal: Bronze to his medal collection with 9 points.

On the Overall Standings, I slot into first this month with a 6 point lead over @czc. Now in a clear third, @DarthMol is a solid 20 points ahead of the trio of @Beo who jumps up to 4th place, @Wyvern in 5th, and @DieGrootHammer now bringing up the rear.

BFC23 Overall Standings at 1 May

Current Points & Rank 01 May @ 00:00
Points Rank
@GregRedd 71.0 1
@CZC 65.0 2
@DarthMol 27.0 3
@Beo 7.0 4
@Wyvern 6.0 5
@DieGrootHammer 3.0 6

Medals Table

@GregRedd 3 (2-0-1) :3rd_place_medal: :1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal:
@CZC 3 (1-2-0) :1st_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal:
@DarthMol 3 (0-1-2) :2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal:
@Beo -
@Wyvern -
@DieGrootHammer -

Let’s get some May Madness going then Challengers - we have 31 whole days to get things typed!

2 Likes

Brute Force Challenge 2023 - Month 4: May Scores

Challengers assemble!! Your performance needs to improve! You’re making this way too easy for me… :smiley:

BFC23 Overall Standings at 1 June

Current Points & Rank 01 June @ 00:05
Points Rank
@GregRedd 104.0 1
@CZC 75.0 2
@DarthMol 29.0 3
@Wyvern 13.0 4
@Beo 9.0 5
@DieGrootHammer 3.0 6

The June Score Sheet is ready and waiting for your submissions!

1 Like

Team Redd running away with the title early into the season, just like Red Bull.

2 Likes

I just wish I had more time - time is minute lately

2 Likes

Develop insomnia like me :smiley: :zzz:

1 Like

But you’re not a developer, neither am I.

2 Likes

I finally get 5 hours a night if I am lucky don’t jinx me!

1 Like

Mid-Month Update - June

Current Standings @ 15 June
Points Rank
@GregRedd 119.0 1
@CZC 75.5 2
@DarthMol 29.5 3
@Wyvern 13.5 4
@Beo 9.5 5
@DieGrootHammer 3.0 6
1 Like

Mid way through this year’s Brute Force Challenge - still 5 months to go.

BFC23 Overall Standings at 1 July

Current Standings
Points Rank
GregRedd 130.0 1
CZC 78.0 2
DarthMol 30.0 3
Wyvern 16.0 4
Beo 11.0 5
Hammer 3.0 6
1 Like