Brute Force Competition 2020

Another year and our third brute force competition at MEW. We had three winners last year @czc
@DarthMol and @Wyvern. They just so happen to be the people who completed the year before that too!

And special thanks to @SIGSTART who tripled the prize pool! Ensuring that all three won.

This year things will work the same as last year.

The rules are:

• You must either create a new thread each week or you must have at least 30 replies on other threads during the week.
  • For new threads, news threads are fine and for replies, it can be on any threads. It doesn’t even have to be unique threads. So this year is very easy compared to previous years.
  • You get 3 strikes. Miss a week and you get a strike. 3 strikes and you are out.
  • If you are going away on holiday please post in this thread at least a week before you go and when you’ll be going so that you won’t get any strikes.
  • A week starts on a Monday. You get until midnight on Sunday to create your threads or write your replies.

I am the organiser of this competition and my word is law. If I disqualify someone then my word counts. I won’t be unfair though. I mean the whole idea is to create discussion not have fights and things.

We need both participants and sponsors and yes you can be both. You don’t have to sponsor to participate. Please, if you struggle money wise then don’t sponsor. We know things are tough out there.

The competition starts on the 3rd of February . All participants have to register before then. We will accept more sponsors during the year however. The competition ends on 7 December .

The winner is the person to last the longest without being knocked out. If there is more than one person still in it at the end then a random draw will decide the winner. Or the winners can decide to split the pool should they wish to do so.

Please post if you would like to participate or sponsor.

Participants - Strikes

@czc - 1
@DarthMol - 2
@Solitude - 2
@Wyvern - 0

Eliminated
@Beo
@DieGrootHammer
@crzwaco
@SIGSTART

Sponsors
@czc - R200
@DarthMol - R100
@DieGrootHammer - R100
@SIGSTART - R200
@Solitude - R200
@Wyvern - R200

2 Likes

People who were either sponsors or participants last year:

@Wlad
@FriedPet
@Blazzok
@czc
@DarthMol
@DieGrootHammer
@SIGSTART
@Solitude
@Wyvern

3 Likes

You can put me down for R200.

Inflation is a cruel mistress :wink:.

3 Likes

Me as usual and I will offer R200 as well.

3 Likes

Thanks you two. Will you be participating too @SIGSTART?

2 Likes

Will try this year to participate again.

4 Likes

Sure! I’m keen to participate again. Hopefully I’ll remember to ask for a pause when I drive around the country to test mobile networks this time :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I will try and participate and donate this year again.

3 Likes

Thanks @DieGrootHammer. How much would you like to pledge?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Bumpity bump and also @DieGrootHammer

2 Likes

Oh sorry I completely forgot about this. Put me down for R100

3 Likes

I’ll participate again, got to keep the competition going!

I can pledge R100

3 Likes

Welcome aboard everyone who I haven’t welcomed yet.

2 Likes

I’ll do my best this year.

Will also contribute R200.

2 Likes

Good to hear that @czc!

1 Like

I just want to say well done to all those contributing and getting involved, I have always loved this idea and support it where and when I can. I unfortunately cannot afford to contribute any monies I am afraid, I am also trying to get more involved in the community again and on the forums.

Kudos to all those contributing and keep it up.

3 Likes

Do you want to participate?

1 Like

I’m just worried about saying yes, and not being able to commit. I suppose it’s just a matter or making a thoughtful thread a week, not much to lose.

1 Like

You don’t even have to make a thread. You can do 30 replies throughout the forum. That sounds like a lot but if you do 6 a day during work days then you are sorted. I mean, you made 2 now just in this little conversation.

So should I sign you up?

1 Like