Call of Duty Franchise

I think it is supposed to work that you still need to unlock the attachment slot on each receiver, but once the slot is open, you can put any unlocked attachment on.

But my source is a single YouTube video, the guy talking while he was playing, so it’s clear as mud.

2 Likes

I have to laugh about the complaints about skill based matchmaking, and that as a result you’ll win 50% of your games. Isn’t that what’s supposed to happen? I know with Rocket League and CSGO the matchmaking is working properly if your win rate is around 50%.

It’s all very nice to pub stomp, if you’re the guy top of the list killing everyone, but it’s not so fun on the receiving end. I’m all for the better players getting matched up against each other.

3 Likes

SBM has pros, and cons. It falls apart much more often than not. When there’s no actual servers, and not a lot of people around to actual get a game with. Bad hitreg can very badly influence your gameplay, and swing your game evaluated skill wildly. It doesn’t always result in good matchmaking. They also don’t balance the teams either. SBM is just a win-lose/KD rate. Then there’s playing with a gun or game mode that you’re unfamiliar with, as a decade long experienced player. Now your performance is gonna suck while you learn the new specifics of whatever you’re using or playing.

I would say, SBM is bad, in it’s implementation in COD, because ultimately, the teams are much less often well balanced, than unbalanced. But hey, I come from the OG games, where you would scream at 2 fuckers across the room and tell them, Swap sides, you fuckheads, it will make the teams more equal. Ya, i’m talking to you shithead. Do you want a challenge, or do you want to be bored?

1 Like

Ah okay that makes sense. I’m comparing it to games in which it is well implemented, but hearing that I can understand why players don’t like it.

1 Like

Man, I miss those days! CoD 1 at the UKZN labs were so much fun!

1 Like

That gives me an idea for a new topic - time for some reminiscing over the good old LAN days!

3 Likes

Hmmm… plumbing the depths of the cross-promo barrel.

Footballers Could be Coming to Modern Warfare 2 - Insider Gaming (insider-gaming.com)

1 Like

1 Like

That’s all well and good, but what about sony, they’re still worried that MS will take cod away after the current contract ends

2 Likes

All of this is posturing to make the Sony “concern claims” look as ridiculous and unfounded as they really are. Here’s Gaben’s reply to the Phil Spencer post:

They offered Sony the same 10-year guarantee:

Microsoft offers Sony 10-year Call of Duty deal (mybroadband.co.za)

3 Likes

Jim Ryan is just a doos imo. an exec with no technical knowledge or skills to even make a game

2 Likes