Cancelled Shows

I re-watched a few episodes of Jericho over the weekend and thought it was such a shame that it was cancelled. Then I got to thinking that a lot of shows that I thought were interesting get cancelled.

So tell me about prematurely cancelled shows that I can look up and then get sad that there won’t be more episodes to watch.

Oh and @Wyvern I expect you to be mentioning a certain show.

3 Likes

Freaks and Geeks

2 Likes

i think shows with uber potential that were cancelled prematurely

Fast lane
Firefly
Revolution
almost human
constantine
Human Target
The Class
Chuck
terminator sarah connor chronicles

and more i cant think of now
fun fact 90% of these shows were on FOX ! i hat that company

2 Likes

One series I’ll add to the list is Terra Nova. I really liked the concept and the show wasn’t that bad at all. But was cancelled after just one season.

+1 for Jericho as well. Man that was a great premise for a show.

2 Likes

forgot about that wasnt that also on FOX :laughing:

1 Like

Obviously Firefly

Then Almost Human, Kitchen Confidential, Bunheads, Freaks and Geeks, My so called life, Terra Nova, Forever, The Dresden Files, The Secret Circle, The tomorrow people, Pan AM, Harpers Island just to name a few

2 Likes

Flash Forward…think it had promise.

1 Like

The one that pissed me off the most recently is the cancellation of Colony. The announcement was made a few days before the last episode of Season 3 aired in the States and supposedly leaves a shit ton of unanswered questions hanging. I haven’t watched S3 yet as we only have up to the end of S2 here so far, but now I’m thinking I may not bother waiting for it to get here and may just find S3 elsewhere, binge watch the entire season and move on.

TV Series Finale maintains a listing of all of the shows cancelled each season, and their pages for individual shows are also pretty useful.

Oh, and this too:

2 Likes

Obviously Firefly. If it had been made now and released on a platform like Netflix instead of TV it would have killed.

Other great Joss Whedon series that weren’t renewed are Angel and Dollhouse. The story behind Angel getting dropped is particularly sad, but it did lead to a kickass ending (my assumption, not canonical).

Also have to agree with @Wyvern on Pan Am. I might be a Christina Ricci fanboy.

Surviving Jack getting cancelled after only five episodes was a travesty (Fox again!).

Veronica Mars not getting renewed after season 3 was sad. Like Firefly, it was ahead of its time. In the age of streaming and binge-watching it would have worked well.

2 Likes

ya terra nova

and dark matter

1 Like

Not sure I agree. The planned cancellation after S2 would have been tragic, sure, but given that fans managed to save the show and it then ran for three more years, I think it did OK. Still not overly happy about the ending, but there you go.

I would have loved to see more Person of Interest, but I’m quite pleased with how they wrapped that one up.

Have you watched season 4 yet?

1 Like

Nope, I only watched the movie. Didn’t realise there’s a new season out!

Googles

Haha, my address bar still remembers this… Is it this?

1 Like

Yes it is that!

Well worth the watch, some faces aged well, others not so much, some missing totally.

But the same feel and magic as the original - well worth binge watching it