Claim free copy of The Witcher 3 on GOG if you own it on console or another PC launcher

CD Projekt has announced a kind of licence copying programme for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If you own Witcher 3 on any PC or console platform other than GOG, then you can get a free copy on GOG.

So if you own The Witcher 3 on PlayStation, then you can connect your PlayStation account to GOG Galaxy 2.0 and get a copy of the game on GOG.COM.

Here’s the press release:

We’ve recently finished celebrating the fifth anniversary of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and yet here’s another good reason to be a fan of this cult game from CD PROJEKT RED. If you already own the game on any PC or console platform, you can claim the GOG.COM copy for free with GOG GALAXY 2.0. You can expect even more events like this in the future.

What is GOG GALAXY 2.0?

GOG GALAXY 2.0 is an application that allows gamers to connect external platforms to bring all their games and friends together in one place. This way you can manage and organize all your PC and console games in one library, launch any PC game, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements, and game time across all gaming platforms.

How to claim The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for free?

Starting from today, if you connect the platform where you own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with GOG GALAXY 2.0, you will receive a GOG.COM copy for free. The game will show up in your games library inside the application. GOG GALAXY 2.0 will also import the game progress you’ve already made in The Witcher 3, like achievements and game time.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.COM comes with some exclusive digital goodies: extended soundtrack with 4 bonus tracks, The Witcher official paper toys designed by top papercraft artist Tougui and The Witcher: House of Glass digital comic book. All goodies are available to download for the owners of the GOG.COM version from the application.

For more information about the event, please check our FAQ article.

The option to claim the game will be available within the app for 1 week, till June 23rd at 11 AM UTC. To download GOG GALAXY 2.0 for Windows or macOS, visit www.gogalaxy.com.

7 Likes

What if i dont have Witcher and i would like to play it… Feels bad but its a cool idea i guess.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’ll have to wait for another special…

2 Likes

@z1oc I read somewhere that someone can give you their key if they already own it. PM me your e-mail address and we can test it.

4 Likes

If only they had it for the other way around. I own it on GoG but not on Steam. But a friend recently gifted me the game on Steam so I’m good now.

3 Likes

Hmm Thanks Lets see if someone else would like to try I would rather have someone else who would really like to play the game get the copy. I would not mind but I cant see myself playing it any time soon with all the studies.

But wow thats epic of you

3 Likes

The offer stands man. I’m sure everyone here who wanted to play it has played it by now.

I own enough copies of the game so if I can give a copy I don’t need to someone who has never played it I will be happy.

If you do want it just send me your email addy and I’ll forward the mail I got from gog to you. Not sure if it will work but we can try.

4 Likes

cool cool lets see by tomorrow. If no one wants it I would gladly give it a go

4 Likes

Apparently if you own the PC version already, you can gift a second copy.

The logic of “buy one get one” also applies to PC, however! If you already own a PC copy of the game, you can get an extra one to gift to someone else.

If any kind soul would be willing to gift me a GOTY ed I’d appreciate it.

2 Likes

I would have if I could - but I dont own one of those platforms :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Also, you can aparently use the Game Pass version to unlock the PC version:

2 Likes

i will pm you we can give this a try

1 Like