Command & Conquer: Remastered

The new official website is up as well.

2 Likes

I saw it earlier today as well. It’s exactly what I wanted it to be!

1 Like

The buildings look fantastic, no arguments there. Minor gripes: Some of the units feel super similar to the originals until you get very close; the Nod light tank especially. There are some wonky effects like the tank bullets not aligning to the barrels, and the old explosions also look a bit weird.

My main disappointment is the terrain; I was hoping they would manage to make it more detailed and interesting. According to the blog post, they did have more detailed terrain in an earlier build. However, due to the way the game tiles the terrain, it started to look very blocky and repetitive. The units also apparently don’t read well against a more detailed backdrop. It’s still something of a let-down for me though. The updated assets make the old terrain style look really bland and boring.

Having said that, this is WIP footage and will only get better. I’m super excited.

Reddit is lighting up over fan responses to the reveal. Overall impressions are insanely negative and everyone feels that this is just OpenRA with an HD asset pack. Seeing as it’s still early days, let’s hope EA can turn it around and win back the fans with some more detailed, smoother animations, consistently upgraded graphics and modern water / flame / explosion effects.

1 Like

I read quite a few responses myself, and it didn’t seem overly negative. If anything reactions are mixed.

I must’ve stumbled upon only the negative reactions in my own feed then… Reading the comments on the opinions didn’t help the remaster either. Anyway, let’s see how the devs respond.

The official C&C Reddit has some objective feedback from the community. Other threads are likely to be somewhat anti-EA biased.

Welcome back, Commander. Your mission begins on June 5, 2020.

EA please please please don’t fuck this up :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

https://www.origin.com/zaf/en-us/store/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-remastered

1 Like

On my wishlist but the price is a bit insane.

1 Like

Just saw the remastered collection is available on Origin Premier on June 5

1 Like

almost forgot about it, pre-loading now. should be done tomorrow and I can take a look at how it is.

2 Likes

Did you guys see that C&C Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn are both open source? I had a look at the code and wowee you can see it’s old. It’s very interesting however.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Soundtrack of my youth :metal:

3 Likes

Early reviews are sounding really positive:

2 Likes

Also playing now, not too shabby, although it is making me want to play cnc 3

2 Likes

That was the best Hell March mashup I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes