Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn & Red Alert Remaster Updates

At the end of 2018 EA announced they would be remastering both Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn and Command & Conquer: Red Alert, including all their expansion packs, to 4K PC beauty.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/command-conquer/
3 Likes

I am craaaaaaazy excited for this! I grew up playing the originals, so the nostalgia is strong with me, hmmmm.

Should I post future updates in this thread?

1 Like

Yeah, these games were my childhood, up into adulthood with Red Alert 3.

Go ahead, I don’t think it’s a bad thing if there are posts on the forum and articles about the same topic. Might even get some inspiration from the forum topics :slight_smile:

1 Like

I considered creating a topic about it, but given how infrequent updates are it this point, it may be too soon for that.

1 Like

WOAH!!! This is great news. I played the crap out of Red Alert. Would love to experience it again with updated graphics.

1 Like

I saw this the other day on GDQ so it hit the nostalgia button already. Red Alert 3, Soviet, Hard mode campaign and they have to watch all cutscenes speedrun.

1 Like

I could never get my teeth into RA3. It just went way too cartoony with the unit art style and presentation. Part of what made the original C&C (and RA1 to an extent) so appealing was the real-world feel of the conflict. You could easily imagine a war like that being fought, with weapons that are sci-fi but not overtly so. RA2 was still OK (in fact I played the freaking daylights out of it), but RA3 was too much. Generals was perfect in that aspect; the campaign and story may have been pretty shallow compared to earlier titles, but the gameplay was just brilliant.

1 Like