Considering a new monitor. Help needed

So look at it this way, you’ll probably have this new monitor for ~10 years so consider future proofing it a little by going 4K and 144Hz IF you can afford it. You don’t have to run 4K resolution just because you have a 4K monitor, especially if your GPU will struggle at that resolution.

2 Likes

Woah! I am just full of good ideas! :smiley:

1 Like

At this stage, 144Hz 4K is waaay beyond my reach or needs. I operate in the midrange value-for-money world.

I don’t know if you folks know that the Tekken World Tour (TWT) is in Cape Town this weekend. The monitors they will be using are the AOC C24G1s. They will be selling them after the event. One of the event organizers sent this message:

CTS7 attendees, the AOC C24G1 will be on sale at Cape Town Showdown 7 for at discounted price of R2999.

It’ll be the monitors used at the CTS so stock will be limieted. They are all basically brand new. Will literally only be used for the duration of CTS.

You can send your orders to [email protected] with the subject line “Cape Town Showdown 7 AOC monitor special”

4 Likes

Aargh. Why Cape Town? Why?

1 Like

Evetech Lekker Weekend Deals. No idea how this places in the market, but here is the link:

https://www.evetech.co.za/lenovo-d24f-144hz-gaming-monitor/best-deal/6640.aspx

1 Like

And Wootware has monitor specials too :wink:

4 Likes

Super blahdy tempting.

What I’m missing here is first hand experience. I need to plug the thing into my rig and try it out for a few days to decide if it’s worthwhile. Or at the very least spend a few minutes with a live one up close.

2 Likes

If you’re not in a hurry and want to spend R3k for a R5k monitor then make a plan! Plenty CTown based MEWBs who could possibly help you out. And some who regularly travel up country who may help you out with “carry on luggage”.

1 Like

Not sure if you got a monitor yet, but Acer has some great deals on right now.

https://www.shopacer.co.za/deals

Wish I had the budget to get 3 monitors for a racing rig… But no ways will my finance manager approve anything for the next 5 years!

2 Likes

Thanks @oltman, will have a look. Sadly, my expedition to rAge did very little to help me make up my mind. I looked at several 1080p curved monitors up close, and at no point did I feel: “wow, I need this”.

So the jury is still very much out on whether I buy anything in the short term.

2 Likes