Coronavirus - COVID-19

I didn’t have much of a sore throat either, just slightly tender from the coughing. I didn’t even think anything of it, until the GP said on Saturday morning that the left side of my throat was quite red. Still, got some antibiotics to fight any other bugs I might’ve picked up due to the hospital visits, together with some Rinex and ACC-200. They seemed to have taken most of the symptoms away - still have a little latent cough, which I suspect will last the majority of the week.

1 Like

I didnt bother going to the doctor, I just took efferflu C and Acc200 and last night a phenegan since it literally felt like my nose was on fire.

But looking at that chart, I definately had the RSV, must have gotten it on friday or sat when working. I suspect a co-workers 4 year old who gave me a very snotty hug on friday. Then the covid symptoms for me was just the exhaustion

Exactly why we didn’t bother to get tested as she had just been vacinated and the results would likely come back as being COVID positive as a result.

Regardless, she self medicated and isolated to a degree with plenty of rest and she is feeling much better today.

1 Like

Soooo… what you are saying is I could have had a week off by getting COVID tested after my jabs? Bummer!

But, in seriousness, I was very fortunate. I had no ill-effects after both my jabs and I felt just fine. I had a headache 3 days later but that is a usual occurrence for me and cannot be attributed to the jab, I think.

2 Likes

Well, that is what we were advised when we consulted our health practitioner over the phone.

Same 'ere, headaches are just par for the course for me. Part of everyday life.

//rant ahead//

Anti-vaxxers are the reason that our economy is in the toilet, and that the hospitality and tourism industries specifically have been devastated. Our low vaccination rates are the direct and specific reason travel to and from South Africa is still hugely restricted, and travel related businesses are struggling to stay afloat.

Anti-vaxxers are the reason we are still in lockdown, and are still required to limit our movements, gatherings, and lifestyles. If more South Africans were vaccinated, more businesses would be able to return to normal trade, more people would have jobs, and more money would be flowing back into the economy.

Anti-vaxxers are the reason people can’t get hospital beds for emergency gall bladder surgeries, because their vaccine denying arses are filling the ICUs as they die from a virus they continue to deny is an issue, that they could have avoided contracting if they’d got vaccinated.

6.1 BILLION Covid vaccines have been administered globally over the last 9 months. Over 90% of new cases are from among the unvaccinated. How much more evidence does your conspiracy-addled brain need before you accept that you are the problem?

Seriously, stop being a selfish, short-sighted, inconsiderate fool. Your choice not to get vaccinated is going to come back to bite you soon. Remember how the world turned against smokers? Well that, only a thousand times worse. You aren’t going to be allowed anywhere, except to your own little circles of anti-vax hate mongering idiocy.

Get vaxxed, or get fucked.

//end rant//

6 Likes

My vaccine has finally started working!

6 Likes

Going for my second J&J Pfizer shot tomorrow.

To be hones I feel a little nervous, because the first one gave me flu like symptoms and massive migraine like headaches for 3 days. From what I hear more people get “knocked” by the 2nd shot, so I expect I’m going to be man-down again.

Edit: not J&J, Pfizer

2 Likes

Dude. Don’t stress it. Get some Efferflu and panado and you’ll be fine. I was the same as you with the symptoms you describe but the second one hardly had any. Perhaps a mild fever and headache for a day and I was fine.

3 Likes

Second J&J shot? Isn’t J&J supposed to be single shot? Pfizer and Moderna are the 2-dose vaccines currently and Moderna isn’t available in ZA (afaik).

2 Likes

Yes you’re right. Going for my 2nd Pfizer.

2 Likes

I’m fully vaxed with pfizer. I had covid in February last year. Lost my smell and taste for 9 months or so was horrible

2 Likes

Very decent summary of the Lockdown Level 1 rules from that @SIGSTART guy we once knew *

*Kidding! Love your work Jan, just hope you aren’t burning yourself out with all the new responsibilities.

2 Likes

Why do we even need an explanation video like this?

2 Likes

Or PSA videos like this one:

(Which is frikken brilliant by the way, and should be shared far and wide, but especially on the cesspit of misinformation and kak that is Facebook.)

because people are stupid. lol I had a discussion with someone about this I said they are so afraid of getting the vaccine because they will be tracked. Then I asked them if they have a cellphone.

4 Likes

Good day all. Just curious as I was progressing through a company survey and while I understand their reasoning for this kind of question, and I honestly have no issue with answering this, is this safe or permitted to ask such a question?

2 Likes

Up until the 11th June 2021, there was no law in South Africa which regulated the circumstances under which an employer may compel an employee to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. On this date however, the Minister of Employment and Labour (“the Minister”) published the Amended Consolidated Direction on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces (“the Direction”).

The Direction withdraws the previous Direction issued by the Minister in October 2020 regarding occupational health and safety in the workplace, with the major amendment being, amongst other things, the introduction of employee vaccination in the workplace.

According to clause 3 Risk Assessment and Plans for Protective Measures of the Direction, every employer must, within 21 days of the coming into effect of the amendments in the Direction, undertake a risk assessment as to whether it intends to make vaccination mandatory depending on the employer’s operational requirements and if so, identify employees who must be vaccinated by virtue of the risk of transmission through their work or their risk of severe Covid-19 disease or death due to age or co-morbidities.

I assume your company is doing this risk assessment.

3 Likes

Thanks, I was just curious, I’m not bothered by it.

1 Like

Still no news of when the Novavax vaccine is coming out. From January I will be “less self-isolating” so I’ll maar look to go for the J&J vaccine either this week or next so that there is enough time for it to take effect before January. At least the queues are gone now.

3 Likes