Coronavirus - COVID-19

The MS Flight Simulator team are scaling things back for a while as Covid-19 spreads and concerns over employee health increase:

In light of recent health concerns, we’ve asked the team to focus on their health and well-being. As a result, our normal development updates will be scaled back over the next few weeks as we continue to monitor the situation. On behalf of the entire team, we express our sincere apologies for the impact this decision has on our community. We will do our best to continue providing status updates, and look forward to resuming regular postings in the near future. (Source)

I wonder how many other developers are going to be affected over the next few months. And other business too. In just the last week the wife’s business has had 3 groups cancel scheduled trips (one from the States, one from Australia, one going to Japan) and a 4th (to Reunion next month) is looking like it’s about to be ditched too. It’s pretty much all her significant business for the rest of the year. Hopefully they’ll all reschedule for later dates or next year, but this thing is starting to hit hard (and it’s still relatively early days.)

1 Like

I trope checked this and did some research. He did indeed write this email many years ago and his credentials check out. Just a note from the trope checking: the lozenges thing is not a cure, it MIGHT slow the symptoms down.

1 Like

I cannot seem to find much about what happens after you have contracted and survived the virus. Can you be re-infected?

I assume that once you have had it and you are clear then you cannot infect others, its like that with other viruses.

If you cannot be re-infected, then it might be worth your while to roll the dice, get infected on purpose and ride it out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

+10 to immunity?

3 Likes

You’d be infectious for what? 2 weeks? Work remotely for 2 weeks. Possibly, how’s your hermit skills? Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!

2 Likes

If you dont work remotely you are not remotely working,

3 Likes

Colleague just said, his wife can’t find hand sanitizer anywhere in the shops.

I feel like this is so much worse than polony trying to kill me.

3 Likes

I saw people handing out the wrong mask to the car guards watching our cars

And my boss’s plan -
Sprayed everything with 50% high strength F10 and 50% isopropyl

1 Like
1 Like

Wow so its quite insane. Three cases so far and the first case has made a recovery. So far so good.

I have not been able to keep up with this thins for a few days its been quite busy and I have been lazy :smiley:

3 Likes

Vive la France :fr:

4 Likes

4 Likes

You’ve gotta be smurfin’ me…

3 Likes

That’s a whole lot of Smurfs.

3 Likes

Good for them :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

A very up to date tracker.

3 Likes

Wow, the situation in Italy is nuts.

3 Likes

It is because a lot of the people there are very old

1 Like

my boss has a holiday planed to go to Italy at the end of next month

lol so now its just a waiting game

2 Likes

So who would go to Italy now? No tourists!

3 Likes