Coronavirus - COVID-19

yea i think its on lock down at the moment. So if it does not change in the next few weeks i dont see it happening.

2 Likes
1 Like

thats crazy its picking up fast

1 Like

It spreads fast, I don’t know why people keep being surprised by that, just look at the numbers worldwide, the desease spreads fast and within 14days we start seeing either people getting better or dying. This is gonna get a lot worse now and very fast.
And in this country no matter what we do it will be all over with in weeks. I have a feeling with winter approaching we will see the scary numbers

thats true with winter coming it will go super crazy.

that voice call thing sent explained it quite well on how fast it can spread

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Philadelphia 2?

1 Like

Some Safa humour from reddit.

6 Likes

So NHL (North America ice hockey league) postponed the season due to the virus…

corona-hockey

Also… Thinking I need to branch out my hot sauce fun raising

3 Likes

Not just the NHL… last 24 hours saw NBA, MSL, IMSA, F1, NASCAR, UEFA Champions League, and now probably the EPL and Super Rugby all either go closed to spectators, postponed, or outright cancelled.

And that’s just in the sporting world that I noticed. Bunch of corporate and public events cancelled; entire sections of the planet barred from traveling to other places (considering 2 of the latest 4 SA infections are people who travelled in the US, I think we and the European countries should ban travel from the US!); Italians who don’t self-isolate facing potential murder charges; the US still claiming they’re “handling the virus beautifully” while only testing very few people (if we don’t test our numbers can’t go up - think people, think!).

And this rollercoaster is still only in the first half of the track - things are still going to get even wackier.

And I had to go check for myself that this wasn’t a faked tweet. It isn’t.

:joy:

3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Canada’s PM is in self-isolation, since his wife contracted the virus

I just think he’s at home moping due to hockey being suspended… I know I am! (well, moping at the office, but still)

4 Likes

And she was at a charity event in London just a week earlier with Idris Elba and Lewis Hamilton amongst others… expect more high profile infections announced soon.

2 Likes

Oh irony. One of the few current motorsports events that is going ahead this weekend is the WRC Rally Mexico. Guess who the main event sponsor is…

3 Likes

That could be a large reason why the event is still happening. They gotta try and get their sales back up.

3 Likes

Can i just add in, I will laugh my arse off if Lewis gets the bug before any other driver

2 Likes

Well he’s determined to be first…

4 Likes

And another one gone, and another one gone.
Another one bites the dust.
Hey, it’s gonna get you too.
Another one bites the dust.

Following a meeting of Shareholders today, it was unanimously decided to suspend the Premier League with the intention of returning on 4 April, subject to medical advice and conditions at the time.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1645173?sf231456833=1

3 Likes