This virus is for the birds…

3 Likes

We should always listen to Bill…

3 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oh well. Shit just got real.

Even if I wasn’t going to panic now everyone else will.

3 Likes

So the prohibition on gatherings over 100 has some serious implications for our church. Time to fully launch into live streaming.

5 Likes

1.National state of disaster declared . Rapid effective response system
2. Limit contact with infected
3. Travel ban on foreigners from high risk countries as of 18th March. Visas cancelled.
4. SA residents to avoid travel to high risk countries.
5. Travel alerts will b issued based in risk level.
6. SA citizens returning from high risk area self quarantine.
7. Medium risk country travel to b subjected to testing.
8. 72 ports of entry . 35 to b shut down. 2 sea port to b closed .
9. Domestic travel discouraged.
10. Gathering of more than 100 prohibited.
11. Small gathering organizer must have a plan.
12. Schools to close on Wed till after Easter holidays.
13. Tertiary institutions to b consulted.
14. All businesses to ensure they intensify measure re hygiene control.
15. Shopping malls to ensure hygiene control.measures.
16. Increase capacity of hospitals.
17. Monitoring system
18. Mass campaign to educate.
18. Minimize physical contact.
19. Funding available to reinforce the systems introduced.
20. National Command Council to meet 3 x per week.

We are busy discussing what to do at the shop
Its going to be fun - loads of customers are going to give us hell

3 Likes

One of the guys I work with. Their church has already told everyone if you have any sort of flu please stay at home.

4 Likes

That should be every church/work/school/PERSON at ANY time…

Stay home if you’re sick, sheesh…

5 Likes

I agree I am kinda sick thanks to my sister -.- not sure how but I have it now. Im going to see the boss as I have physical things that have to take place like open gate and give keys. But then I telling him im working from home or taking a sick day. Its not worth the risk with whats going on.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hahahaha that’s brilliant!

2 Likes

like what now

Domestic workers should they also stay home. What are other companies doing now with regards to this virus. like its not bad yet and I hope it does not get worse.

2 Likes

Well the vapeshop where I do part time work has put a bunch of rules into place:

:bangbang:Important Notice – Corona Virus​:bangbang:

Please note that in order to minimise the spread of Corona Virus and keep all our customers and staff safe, we have implemented the following temporary safety measures:

1. No tester devices will be provided for sampling
  2. Customers may sample juices, on their own devices, however they are required to use hand sanitiser before handling sample bottles.
  3. Our staff are not allowed to handle customer devices.
  4. Tools will be provided for customers to service their own devices however these may only be used after applying hand sanitiser.
  5. We require all customers to use hand sanitiser before handling the card machine.
  6. Tissues will be provided and we ask that everyone that needs to cough or sneeze does so into a tissue.

We do not wish to offend anyone but ask that you understand that we are merely trying to keep everyone safe and to minimise the possible spread of this infectious disease.

Thank you for your understanding

Already customers think we are taking the piss…

As for domestic workers - I have no idea, ours have been away from work for the past 3 weeks already for a funeral.

5 Likes

Our domestic worker is here today. But it is something to consider going forward. The truth is domestic workers, like anyone, are dependent on their wages and for many it may be a no work, no pay arrangement. How many employers will be offering a month’s wages in compassionate leave?

From the point of the domestic worker they could take precautions like getting a suitable mask (the proper ones) for travelling.

That said, my wife is a teacher so she’ll be off work from Wednesday until after Easter, so I could run the idea past her of being our domestic for that period. Wish me luck! :rofl:

3 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/thekiffness/videos/203506354047381/

1 Like

Chuck

4 Likes

Does anyone know what the sensitivity and specificity (or PPV and NPV) are for the COVID-19 tests being used in South Africa?

Not a clue. But there is a set of Covid-19 Technical Resource documents on the NICD site that may have an answer for you?

Or, with your journo credentials in hand, might be easier to reach out to them directly?

Sinenhlanhla Jimoh
Senior Communications Manager
E-mail: [email protected]

2 Likes