Coronavirus - COVID-19

Thanks, yeah… I was hoping for something faster than a media query. They are all tied up in media briefings and interviews at the moment.

I just found an interesting technical document in that batch… it looks like a study from the EU that says that clinical verification of sensitivity and specificity hasn’t been great.

Maybe that’s as good as I’m going to get for my article, but I’ll wait a bit for Sinenhlanhla to get back to me.

Ninja edit: I’ve e-mailed Lancet as well. Be interesting to hear what they say.

4 Likes
1 Like

Can’t find the source right now, but the quote that really hit home for me went something like:

It is infinitely better to overreact and then wonder if you did, than to underreact and find out that you did.

3 Likes

Right and since we have no natural immune to this its better to over react.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This video wins the Internet today. Definitely better than “My naam is Adrianus”.

Well there’s being extremely cautious and closing schools early and banning gatherings of large people, and then there’s being a wannabe prepper and buying out all of Makro’s stock. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Scroll towards the end

1 Like

paywall on the business insider…at least for me

3 Likes

Weird - I don’t get that - I just go on the site maybe adblock is stopping it

If you’re quick, click on ‘reader mode’ and you’ll bypass the paywall

That Spain thing feels so dystopian…

1 Like

This is the part that scares me more

1 Like

Its super pathetic. Like does this person really think the virus will be o wait you are black sorry cant infect you, I only target white people and Asians. Like i cant even.

2 Likes

I just love the fact that every company we normally supply puts in a now massive order for spirits. Like this stuff has been going on for ages and you woke up now

If you cannot get sanitiser spray, make one using Vodka :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apparently it works but it is pretty expensive methinks

2 Likes

Ive mixed methylated spirits with Propylene Glycol, Water and some lavender oil for mine

3 Likes

Jst make sure is nore than 60% alchol in ot if you do.

2 Likes

OT: Reminds me of a lady I know. Her VCR needed cleaning so the manual told her to clean the head with alcohol. She used cane. I don’t think the VCR ever worked again after that.

5 Likes

I can see it already

Covid 19
Made by Universal
Starring Tom Cruise, Jennifer Lawrence, Gerard butler (cause he is always in disaster movies and he works for peanuts)

Synopsis
A man runs to stop a pandemic from Happening cause he loves to run.

5 Likes

I thought it would be “A man tries to find the last toilet paper on earth.”

3 Likes

I wonder how the companies is coping with this will they just keep going at the same rate or will they try to up production on the products.

2 Likes