Coronavirus - COVID-19

And when people drink alcohol they become even bigger idiots.

4 Likes

The first lockdown was an inconvenience, the second was just crap - at the point I was in much more selfish position of ā€˜I canā€™t buy beer and that sucksā€™ - now Iā€™m well over that (contrary to popular belief I donā€™t drink nearly as much you think I do :P) and my concern also lies squarely with the economic and social fall out that this causes.

Iā€™m pissed at the governments constant threatening behavior where they had endless police to pester people walking on the grass instead of the pavement but not enough to have sufficient roadblocks or visible policing in higher risk areas. They always go on about enforcing lockdown regulations - what exactly was stopping them from the enforcing the LAW? And thatā€™s before we start asking the question what in the actual hell was the government doing for three months in terms of medical preparation?

Did they honestly not anticipate that after being denied alcohol for 90 days people wouldnā€™t go overboard? Especially considering we live in a nanny state where most people think they donā€™t have to take any responsibility for themselves? Even I sat there going ā€˜FFS we couldnā€™t just behave for likeā€¦2 weeks could we?ā€™

So as much as Iā€™m pissed at the government, the population is just as guilty - even though lockdown has laid the polices inability to deal with criminality thouroughly bare - otherwise they would be cracking the whip against smugglers and blackmarket tycoons instead of an old lady selling a pack of Chicagos because she hasnā€™t eaten in three days.

And donā€™t get me started on the tobacco thing. Or the fact that tourism canā€™t operate but taxis are free to ferry that virus around because they threw their toys out the cot and donā€™t enforce a single ounce of hygiene or social distancing protocol - because of course they donā€™t.

6 Likes

My Dad has now tested positive for COVID, there is a high likelihood that this is a false positive, as just two weeks ago he was tested negative, and between then and the last test, he had not really come into contact with anyone, and has mostly stayed at home, he also is showing no symptoms, now he could at anytime have gotten it from when he went to the hospital to do the test in the first place. But as a precaution we will be going into self isolation, which I guess is a small silver lining since now I donā€™t have to go into work.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s hectic @TechThief. Howā€™s it been these past two days? Have any of you got symptoms? Was the test a confirmed false positive?

Itā€™ll be interesting to see what they find with further research down the genetic rabbit hole. Mortality rates in Asia and Africa are generally lower than Europe and North America (last time I checked). Is that because of genetics, or the proportion of elderly and vulnerable in the population?

1 Like

What they have discovered is its a vascular disease, that is why diabetics, heart issues and all the other comorbidities are so high. They have also figured out how to treat the patients better, what people need to learn is when you have covid it narrows the blood vessels in your body.
Apparently they are now treating patients with more oxygen and other meds to help oxygen reach the blood.

The worst case he saw was that of a 38 year old man, who was a runner and VERY healthy. He was treated at 3 different hospitals- moved to Tygerberg when it was to late, he had a genetic condition where his blood vessels are narrower than normal. So yea Covid killed him, from something he inherited from his great grandfather.

They believe genetics pay a bigger role than what most people realize.

1 Like

No symptoms so far from either of us, I think my parents are in the process of checking with the lab if it is now a false positive or not, but I am not sure.

4 Likes

Looks like Iā€™ve joined the Covid club.
What meds did you guys get and how long did it take for you to feel better?

4 Likes

From what I heard, just stick with things that doesnt have brufen in it. Do you have a sense of smell? Apparently that is the main focus, that and headaches are the 2 identifying factors. But then again I lose mine with my sinusitis often.
Zinc, vit C. Echinacea. Olive leaf extract. Oreganum oil to rub in chest or diffuse. Donā€™t take Acc200 if youā€™re asthmatic.

1 Like

Drink lots of waters and get your vitamins too.

All the best, hoping for a quick recovery

1 Like

gulp

The Mrs has been complaining about coughing, feeling exceptionally hot and tiredness along with aching body.

2 Likes

Wet or dry cough? Has sheost her sense of smell and taste?

This is actually an interesting thought. I remember someone pointing out the google trends for Spain and a few other countries had shown a sharp increase in those search terms, smell and taste.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t seem like the wet or dry cough really matters. I have a wet cough. I also still have my sense of taste and smell, but Iā€™m not sure that is such a good thing. Everything makes me nauseous so I find it hard to eat anything. Have to force everything down so I can drink meds.

1 Like

You then have a mild case, IF you have it and its not just flu. The taste and smell thing is the main ID that docs use for getting a person tested.

Dry cough without any loss to taste or smell from what Iā€™ve noticed. She still smells my farts :joy:

3 Likes

I just hope it stays mild. Yep, I have it. They did a double test (throat and nose), neither of them pleasant. It all happened quickly though. Started with the cough within two days after my mother-in-law moved in (and weā€™re not the hugging / kissing types) and she mostly stayed in her room (she woke up with a sore throat the day after moving in).

2 Likes

@Beo @Viper I wish you guys a speedy recovery

2 Likes

@Viper and @Beo, may you and your families recover quickly and feel much better!

3 Likes

LoL that was unexpected

2 Likes

Hhahaha then for now its a cold/flu :stuck_out_tongue:

Please stay safe, keep hydrated, use loads of immune boosters. And keep us updated.

@Flex and @TechThief how are you guys doing