Cuphead DLC delayed until 2020 — studio wants healthy devs and meticulous quality

I know all you Cuphead fans have been waiting for The Delicious Last Course DLC. Unfortunately that has been postponed till 2020.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/cuphead-dlc-being-delayed-till-2020-devs-site/
2 Likes

Taking the devs on their word, this is a great thing to see. Nothing necessarily wrong with working hard and long hours, but from the reports coming from the gaming industry abroad it was getting ridiculous.

3 Likes

Exactly, even tho Cuphead isnt my kind of game, If it goes on special I will buy it just to support the devs.
To say thanks for actually take care of their staff

3 Likes

Agree 100%. Obviously though, as a small indie developer, they don’t have the pressures of corporate shareholders, suit-wearing directors, and annual profit reports to have to contend with. Not that that excuses the crappy actions of those corporate giants in any way. It just makes it less of challenge to implement on the smaller scale.

2 Likes

They really do seem to be a wonderful close-knit family-run owner-operator type business.

Worth watching (if you haven’t seen it) this "making of… type video from the recent Red Bull “Levels” series:

3 Likes

Nice video. Yeah they seem cool

2 Likes

The last person I saw about not pushing their devs too hard was on the Path of Exile reddit. So there are employers in the industry that are not ‘slave drivers’

2 Likes