Cyberpunk 2077 is a First-Person Game

I don’t mind it being first person.

Here’s some summary of what we learned from today’s CDPR financial conference:

Cyberpunk

• they are promising a really big showing for E3 2019, even bigger then last year and equally as important

• they are not planning expanding Cyberpunk team much further (Adam Kicinski used even words “barely at all”)

• when someone asked if part of E3 show will be a female pop artist, Adam Kicinski and Piotr Nielubowicz just laughed, then said that while they have some surprises, a female pop artist is not one of them, then for additional clarity they straight up denied this rumour

• the work on Cyberpunk is already very advanced

• again they said that they already have in plans to release Cyberpunk for the next generation consoles (if they get a chance to do so) and their engine is prepared for that

• the large portion of the marketing budget will be covered by publishers, similar to The Witcher 3 marketing, however, because of the expansion of digital market, this time they won’t be covering as much

• regarding Google Stadia, they are already talking with Google about that, but can’t confirm anything yet

The second AAA project

• the work on second project mentioned in the strategy for years 2016-2021 is currently on-going, however they ask not to speculate too much about what it’s going to be (presumably referring to the people hyping it as The Witcher 4)

• the team currently working on the project is magnitude smaller then the one working on Cyberpunk

• it’s not going to be a port of any sort, but a completely new content

• Adam Kicinski suggested that this game might be not nearly as big (in terms of budget and the team size) as Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk, but still top quality

4 Likes

not a fan of first person. I want to see my character when playing a crpg.

Totally disagree. None of TW3 content didn’t have a point imho. More content the better, the longer the game the better.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but CIG did exactly that with Star Citizen. Unified first / third person rig. There are some pretty cool videos about it.

1 Like

I can’t wait for this game. Hopefully there’s a witcher 3 Easter egg in it