Cyberpunk 2077 is a First-Person Game

Surprise, surprise, Cyberpunk 2077 will not be a third-person RPG like the Witcher games. Instead, CD Projekt RED has decided to go with a first-person perspective this time around. The game will feature damage numbers coming off enemies during combat similar to what is seen in games like Borderlands or Destiny.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/cyberpunk-2077/
1 Like

I actually don’t mind that at all. The game is then similar, but better than Deus Ex. And I love Deus Ex with all my heart. So I’m on the hype train full steam!!!

3 Likes

Good. I like first person. Third person is good for combat like Dark Souls. For everything else there’s first person.

2 Likes

Wonder if there is going to be a toggle between fps and 3d person.
Cool is probably a luck type stat.

Also hope there will be car combat mad max style. Also I want to customize a car if we get one.

Roatch will ride again!

1 Like

or its more literal and how many cybernetic enhancements you can use before you overheat :smiley:

2 Likes

I read the article earlier this morning and was super excited. The verticality of the city also suits the futuristic atmosphere and often creates a much larger map than a sprawling, flat one does.

1 Like

There uasn’t been any game play trailers release yet right? Wouldn’t mind seeing how the first person view looks in this game

1 Like

It seems a lot of people are “upset” about the game being first person… Why?

2 Likes

i think they’re going first person as it lightens the rendering load (cause cyberpunk looks like a very graphical intensive title), not a full character has to be rendered on the screen all the time and you’ll probably see the main character only during cut scenes (if there’s any)

2 Likes

What confuses me is that this comes as a surprise to so many people. I’m pretty sure we knew it was going to be first person years ago. I’m almost certain I read about it WAY back.

2 Likes

i’m not fussed about it being FPS, if it has the fluid gunplay feel of Destiny or even Borderlands. I just hope they don’t make the same mistake that they made with TW3 where they pad the game with superfluous content just to bump up the hours. (I’m looking at you, daft Dwarf-Ciri quest).

I am super amped for the setting though. Really love dystopian cyberpunk feel and theme.

1 Like

That being a totally subjective “mistake”. I hope they “pad” the game as much as possible. I’m always up for more bang for my buck and won’t complain if there is more to do.

I also don’t think they mentioned the FPS part before. I could be wrong, but I think I might have remembered seeing that.

what is bang for your back?

3 Likes

Now you can’t see your character’s ass whilst running, them jiggle physics are important yo.

1 Like

I can make a very NSFW comment right about now, bit I’ll refrain from doing so.

1 Like

I was setting it up for someone to do it. Come one. Don’t disappoint me.

Hmm, that’s a pity. I generally hate first person games and find it very hard to get into. At least with Deus Ex, they switched to 3rd person when taking cover which helped since taking cover in first person usually sucks. While some games do work well for FPS like Borderlands which is pretty much just shoot at everything, I think a lot of games would have been better as 3rd person.
With all that said, I’m still totally buying this on release. It is CDPR after all.

Lets hope they revolutionise the FPS view then.

Make it more Arma and less everything else.

tired of feeling like the eyes are on the characters belt

1 Like

my first response , nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo… after reading @DieGrootHammer say something about due ex hmmm maybe it will be ok.

:smiley:

2 Likes