Cyberpunk 2077 — We Have a City to Burn🔥

From CD Projekt Red, the creators of The Witcher video game franchise, comes a new CRPG based in the universe of the Cyberpunk pen-and-paper system.

From the game’s listing:

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality.

Also — they got Keanu Reeves and he told us we were breathtaking.

To anyone interested, you can go over to their twitch stream - https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

They started streaming a few minutes ago with some interesting content. Reddit is already trying to figure out what it all means. Should be really interesting to find out what CDPR is up to

1 Like

Looks like someone’s cat is kneading the keyboard

Lol yea. It looks like Base64 code but it could literally be about anything. People are speculating it’s an image.

damn, the game is two years off from release?

I’ll diarise to look for hype in May 2020.

till then, I dont give a toss.

1 Like
3 Likes

This game looks amazing!! And I especially love this particular NPC, particular his name…

3 Likes

Oooo yes, if this game delivers everything promised in that gameplay footage, it will be something I might just buy on release, contrary to every other game I get 3 years after release. I still remember playing the Netrunner pen and paper RPG. Was amazing.

2 Likes

I kinda wish I never watched that gameplay demo. I don’t know if I can play an RPG without thinking about how it isn’t Cyberpunk.

A void has been created that can’t otherwise be filled.

2 Likes

You mean July 2020.

Maybe 7 July.

3 Likes

Amazing stuff!

haha ya Im giving myself 2 months of catch-up hype mongering as opposed to 2 years.

That looks incredible. Kinda like Deus Ex meets Borderlands, but with a vibrant world and strong story.

2 Likes

That’s what I said:

I won’t lie…I was hyped for this game back in 2013 already…I really really hope it’ll live up to its potential, coz wow that gameplay looked awesome.

But CDPR have burned me before, so I’m afraid no pre-orders until I see what it actually comes out like.

Yea? What they do?

google witcher3 gfx on release compared to e3 showcases.

Read the hidden message at the end…

Referring to this?

Here’s the transcript

CDPR Message

Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long!

Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we’re finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE. Please go to our forums, twitter, facebook, discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by “immersion” when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of “cyberpunk by day” make you feel? We really want to know.

Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we’re showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and gamescom.

Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this “we’re not 100% sure” limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It’s not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don’t know what we’ll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky --we don’t want gamers saying ‘but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently’, or ‘why did you change the interface?’. Change is inherent to game development and there’s a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you’ll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like 1:1.

What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development. What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience --you.

So… here’s what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it.

Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED

Yea the constant reminders that this is a work in progress and what you see may not be final game (as well as the permabar at top stating it) means they’ve learned alot from the witcher 3 hype :stuck_out_tongue:
But theres no reason to pre-order a game, and if it looks good i’m 100% getting it :slight_smile:

Yeah that. Don’t be such a negative nancy, man. :stuck_out_tongue: Why care that the game didn’t look as good as it did when we first saw it when it’s common practice in the industry? I’m not saying it’s fine, but the final product played as good as it looked and was one amazing game and that is all that matters at the end of the day. It really wasn’t them (or anybody) being dishonest and burning people. They probably showed what they had available at the time (like now) and it turned out they couldn’t achieve that across the board and had to scale things back a little bit.

I still haven’t watched this (entire) video though. I saw the first 5 minutes and some of the open world stuff only.