Dakar 18 Game

Based on the world famous annual rally raid organized by Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.) in South America, DAKAR 18 is a realistic simulation of the biggest cross-country rally in the world and features a variety of vehicles, including motorcycles, cars, trucks, quads and UTVs. Players will compete in fierce online multiplayer races as well as playing offline, to harness and grow racing skills in a huge open world.

In Dakar 18 you can choose between 5 vehicle categories, with full cControl over official vehicles and drivers/riders:

• Cars: Peugeot, Mini, Toyota, Renault, Mitsubishi (starring Sainz, Peterhansel, Loeb, Al Attiyah, Roma, Terranova, Hirvonen, Menzies, Spataro, Sousa, and many others.)
  • Motorcycles: KTM, Honda, Yamaha, Husqvarna (starring Walkner, Sunderland, Barreda, Van Beveren, Quintanilla, Sanz, and many others.)
  • Quads: Yamaha Raptor (starring Casale, Karyakin, Hernandez, Sonik.)
  • Trucks: Kamaz, Maz, Tatra, MAN (starring Nikolaev, Kolomy, Vasilevski, and many others.)
  • SxS: Polaris (starring Garrouste, Fournier, and many others.)

Features:

• Huge Cross-Country Open World: driving experience across Peru, Bolivia and Argentina with more than 12,000km2 of open world that doesn’t limit you to a track or certain roads
  • Dakar Rally 2018 simulated 14 stages from Lima to Córdoba
  • Realistic Graphics: through the conversion of satellite images on the game terrain
  • Realistic Road Book Navigation System: Simulating the official Road Books of the Dakar Rally 2018 to guide you across that immense landscape where you’re free to roam. Can you get to the finish line without getting lost?
  • Time and Weather Simulation: Get stuck in dry sand under the burning sun or fight against deep mud in heavy rain or river beds!
  • Rescue and Repair: Are you just driving for victory or willing to stop and help others in need? Towing a stuck competitor will provide you extra repair points. You will need them!
  • Single-player and Multiplayer: The game features a full-fledged online and offline multiplayer experience and competition. Race up to seven other competitors in online stages or play with a friend on split screen!

Releases 11 September 2018

Pre-orders open on Steam:

(No listing on either PS and XBox stores yet, will update when they appear.)

Pre-Order Bonus:

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/dakar-18-features

3 Likes

Added this to my wishlist now. Hopefully it reviews and plays well on release.

1 Like

Incredibly excited about this game.
It’s on raru as a pre order. Once commision is in I’ll pay for it.

Been on the subreddit a lot and watched it come to life.
The main game looks incredibly difficult, but it looks like just getting to the end is an achievement in itself.
Probably start on rookie mode first and work my way up.

1 Like

I’m cautiously optimistic. As much as the idea intrigues me (like a Sim-South-American-Forza-Horizon), I’m concerned that the handling and general polish might not be there…

2 Likes

not made by codemasters, i’ll pass

1 Like

Hence my comment about handling and polish. If this was made by Playground Games or Codemasters it could’ve been an instabuy for me. I’ll still give them benefit of the doubt and see how it pans out upon release.

1 Like

I can’t believe this game slipped my radar. I am very curious about this now. It’s a driving game so chances are very high I’ll buy it. Probably not at launch though. Will wait and see a bit.

1 Like

It could be interesting.

Its a branded thing versus Dirt to me.

1 Like

Did anyone end up picking this up? The Steam user reviews don’t seem too favorable.

I bailed last minute as it needs a big day 1 update to get it up to scratch. that would cost me about R400 in mobile data minimum.

1 Like

Not me. Actually revisited it yesterday when I was looking for the Dirt Rally 2.0 page, realized it had been released, saw the mediocre reviews, looked for any reviews on game sites (didn’t find any) and on Metacritic (there’s only 2 users - one a 9 posted based on the trailer, the other a 2) and moved on. Bit sad as it looked so promising. Maybe after a patch or two, and a decent sale price, it’ll be worth it.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve also given it a skip for now. While the premise is great, after seeing gameplay it looked horrible. The handling looked all over the place, and the game didn’t look too polished. So will wait either for some fixes or a very good special.

1 Like

I see they have released some patches and reviews are getting better and better.

Still I don’t have 20gb for updates. I really want This title to work

1 Like