DayZ Server

I have an itch to play some DayZ and have decided to put up my own server. @Nosferatie and I will be playing with the intention to see how long we can survive against zombies and the elements. But this is made much harder on public servers so we will be having our own private server.

This does not mean there wont be any tomfoolery :wink: In fact a little bit of raiding and harassment is encouraged!

Who here would like to join us for a few evenings in setting up the ultimate survival experience!? Bear Grylls welcome!

2 Likes

Hmm, I have played all of 3 hours of Day Z, and nothing since. Maybe I should try it out again.

1 Like

So, we are starting our own game this Saturday (12 Sep) and anybody is welcome! Will post server detail soon!

1 Like

Our server is up! And we have started to settle into a base.

@GregRedd I saw you bought DayZ! Pull in!
@DarthMol & @Entity I see also has the game. Would love to have you guys join in!

1 Like

I have no idea at all about the game - just had it in my Wishlist for the longest time and spotted it on (a rare) discount. With a couple of coins in my Steam Wallet, I grabbed it.

Depending on what time we finish tonight’s AC racing, I may pop into to have a look see. Will install it soon as I’m home just in case.

I see from the Steam DLC page that only yourself and Nos (and me now) have the Livonia DLC. Your screenshot says that your base / server is in Livonia - may be that the other MEWBs with the game don’t have the DLC and can’t get to it? Or does that not matter?

1 Like

I must do some SSD space shuffling to get the game installed :smile:

1 Like

Oh, and what’s the server password?

1 Like

The password is easy to remember… The map is Livonia, sounds like Livinia, from Liewe Heksie. The king in her kingdom is called Rosekrans. But, being Liewe Heksie she messed it up and called him Rosedoring. Hence the server name. And he was her “koning”…

I could not make this easier :wink:

And yes, that does mean you need the DLC to continue. But if more people want to play we can always switch to the older map. Its still great!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oltman!!!

3 Likes

Come on Greg… I need help!!!

3 Likes

Look, I made a fire…

3 Likes

I’m assuming it’s a persistent server right? So it’s just the two of you and a bunch of zombies roaming around?

I may be able to get on during the day today, so if it is persistent, please put a marker on this map to show me roughly where the base is:

https://dayz.xam.nu/livonia#4837.50;6287.50;1

Print screen it, or join the map squad I created and put a marker on the map. (Squad = MEW / Pw = dontbekak)

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the game, but don’t have the DLC. Thing is I can’t really commit to joining too often so I wouldn’t want you to have to restart on the old map just for me.

1 Like

Sent you a message :wink:

2 Likes

Greg, I must apologize, I made a booboo last night and decided to restore our save… but I forgot you arrived at the base so that is… well… look on the bright side, you will get to see more of the map…

I apologize!

2 Likes

As Oltman mentioned we considering switching maps, so if more people are keen to play the vanilla map then let us know.

Looks like we won’t loose any progress as the server appears to save both maps. So switching in theory should be possible.

2 Likes

I’ll pull in if you switch maps as I have the base game

3 Likes

Ok, we will switch from today…

2 Likes

Server has been switched!

Some handy tips:

• https://dayz.xam.nu
    an interactive map with great filtering of options

• we will try to meet up at Novaya Petrovka train station. There is a particular building type that is easy to fortify, and it is close to major cities and military bases.

• as you make your way to Novaya, there are a few things critical to loot, other than the obvious food and water: spark plugs and nails!

See you guys tonight from 8pm! I will be streaming, on youtube (Twitch is delivering terrible performance to many people trying to watch) so if you cannot join us, come laugh at us!

3 Likes