Death Stranding — a Hideo Kojima game

Spotted an ad for Death Stranding in Sony’s latest spam to me, and then got an e-mail blast from Conan O’Brien’s PR this morning. Figure it was high time we had an official thread for Hideo Kojima’s post-Konami title.

Release date: 8 November

Pre-order prices:

Digital Deluxe Edition: R1,199
Digital Edition: R1,069

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes an all-new, genre-defying experience for PlayStation®4. Digital Deluxe Edition includes a Complete Avatar Set, DEATH STRANDING: Timefall – original music from the world of Death Stranding and behind the scenes footage.

Review embargo lifts on 1 November

Apparently the date a review embargo lifts is news nowadays.

Conan visits Hideo Kojima’s offices

2 Likes

Did they send you a press release?
Can I use it for an article? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sending it to you now.

1 Like

I won’t be buying this (ever), but I will be playing it at some point. A friend of mine is a big Kojima fan and he has already said he’ll bring me his copy when he is done with it.

Looks interesting to say the least, but I’ve never been a Kojima fan. I loved the original MGS, but I hated MGS4 and got bored with MGS V.

1 Like

The only thing I find intriguing is the art style and graphic fidelity, but none of the videos are convincing me of the game play or plot…

1 Like

I’m sad that I will probably never play this. Looks so good.

2 Likes

Game has been confirmed to be coming to PC sometime next year.

4 Likes

some folk alluded to that a few months ago when sony dropped the playstation exclusive part from their marketing on this.

MediaMolecule has announced that dreams might also be coming to PC according to its co founder

1 Like

Always good when games are available on many systems.

2 Likes

I’m so glad that it will be coming for pc. Now I can play it too!

3 Likes

We knew it was going to come PC before the game even had a name, I’m surprised nobody remembered this.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-15-report-kojima-starting-up-new-studio-in-talks-with-sony

4 Likes

Video reviews from both IGN and GameSpot:

4 Likes

2 very different reviews there. IGN quite brutal.

3 Likes

IGN clearly didn’t get paid enough

3 Likes

So who’s playing this weekend?

1 Like

2 Likes

A thousand bucks for a walking simulator? Joh!

2 Likes

R1k for any game is too much!

2 Likes

But it’s not a game, it’s a Kojima work of art.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yesterday the game was available for $26 on the Epic store. Today I see it’s showing $66. I should have bought it.