Destiny 2 moving from Battle.net to Steam — time to migrate

Blizzard has issued a final warning to Destiny 2 players on PC to migrate their account data for the game from Battle.net to Steam. The switch will finalise the break-up of Bungie from Activision Blizzard.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/destiny-2-is-moving/
2 Likes

Now I will download and play it.

Ok, I’ve done the admin.

1 Like

Aaaand now I have Destiny 2 in my Steam library.

1 Like

What I will say is: this is gonna be a long ass download.

2 Likes

79.1GB!

:astonished::astonished::astonished:

Update: Since beginning to type this message, the preload has started to unpack. Almost 30 minutes to unpack on an SSD!

1 Like

i started the download at 4:27pm and i am at 22.1gb dowloaded so far onto a old normal ass hdd…

2 Likes

I don’t have that much space available!

2 Likes

Is it not possible to copy/paste your OG game folder onto steam downloads and have it discover existing files? Might have a different steam folder name or something, but im sure that would make up a good brunt of it.

3 Likes

Almost as big as GTAV’s folder size - 85.9GB.

I will have to invest in a 1TB mechanical drive at some point.

Primary - SSD 240GB
Second - MD 500GB
Tertiary - External 2TB

1 Like

I have preloaded yesterday but now I see it’s unpacking like Sig said. Eish.

1 Like

And now the servers are full haha. I’ll leave this for tomorrow.

3 Likes

I copied the whole old Destiny 2 folder into my steam apps folder and it discovered around 54gb and only downloaded about 20gb. Haven’t played yet, visiting my brother, but while I’m here I’m just downloading and updating everything.

4 Likes

Bah
https://www.protondb.com/app/1085660
Won’t run on linux (yet)

2 Likes

I’m not getting the Bungie verification email to start the character transfer over. meh

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

I just got 3 now.

Seems they’ve caught up

(i changed my email address at one point this morning thinking it was taht. Was able to now change back and immediately received the mail)

1 Like

Steam achievements!

3 Likes

Ok I hope this means I am done

1 Like

So I can expect a stack of Achievements when I finally log in?

2 Likes