Diablo Immortal

Skarn, Lord of Damnation has amassed his battle-hungry forces in anticipation of your near arrival to Sanctuary. With an ashen gaze and ghastly gesture, the demon lord utters “we are waiting for. . .YOU!” In just a few days it will be up to you, noble adventurer, to scour Sanctuary’s many locales in search of fragments from the shattered Worldstone. Only then will you have a chance in Hell of thwarting Skarn’s nefarious plan.

Before you begin to traverse the eight expansive zones of Diablo® Immortal™ as a Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, or Wizard, we’ve assembled this roadmap to get you ready for Hell, and when the time comes, march into Sanctuary unabated.

2 Likes

Wait, isn’t this the game that got everyone all in a tizzy because it was a mobile game?

2 Likes

Yep, they have changed it now to be cross-play mobile and pc…

1 Like

Probably built using Unity, like Hearhtstone.

1 Like

Already downloading this, read a review from ‘Diablo Immortal’ is Blizzard’s best and most worrying game in years | Engadget. It is heavily monitized at the end game, you have to spend real money to increase your chance to get a legendary item at the end of a dungeon run to 100%. It also uses gem rarity drop chance increasers etc. All in all it looks like a fun ARPG if you are not into end game, so will check it out.

3 Likes

I installed it but don’t know when I’ll actually get the time to try it out.

2 Likes

Same, pre-installed but getting a gap to play would be nice too!

2 Likes

Oh! It’s that one, the “Do you guys not have phones?!” one from back when we still had in person events like BlizzCon.

154255_7d8d3ff1e2a3054917322210fb06a931

1 Like

I tried it for a couple of minutes on my phone, it doesn’t look too bad, but I definitely want to see how the PC version looks and plays as I’ll be more likely to play it there 98% of the time.

Yip! Snotty fanbois beware, progress is coming, and HELLS COMING WITH IT!!!

4 Likes

Well, I too have installed it, played a few minutes and that’s it. It’s a bit tricky to get time to play a game like this on the phone. But at least it plays well, even though the performance of the menus are horrible seeing as I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra

1 Like

I installed on both platforms. The phone plays well, but its just too small to enjoy. I used a controller and will be using my tablet instead. Will try PC later but expect it to be my platform of choice.

1 Like

You mean the crying fans were right? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Had some fun with it tonight. Very simplified Diablo and it does not take long to spot the massive monetization efforts in every direction. Luckily I have navigated many such games like Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Genshin Impact, so if I spend money, it will be a little bit for max gain.

It is good fun though, the grouping is easy through quick group finder tools. The cosmetics look pretty cool, reminds me of POE.

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind about Diablo immortal: it is essentially an MMO, you cannot run around in your own world. It means, now, at the start things are hectic with 100s of people running around killing things. Interestingly enough, I noticed that your quest mobs only show for you and if you are in a group, for the group. So no standing in line for MMO release day quest mobs to spawn.

1 Like

Just a warning for anyone contemplating putting money down for things in this game: all the cosmetics, whether you buy them or you get them through battle pass (paid) are only valid on the character you claimed them on, not account or server wide. Choose your server carefully, the game dumps you in a random server (even on some random NA server) if you start without choosing one.

3 Likes

What @Shrike said!

The top two current posts on r/pcgaming:

This video, referenced in the second of those Reddit threads, suggests that fully gearing up a character could cost in excess of $100 000! (16:09 if the timestamp doesn’t work.)

Also:

3 Likes

I am really enjoying it though. That will probably stop when it gets to the grind.

2 Likes

Watching all that stuff, I think I may just skip the game entirely, even though it’s already installed. I don’t want to support crap like that.

5 Likes

To follow on from that

Been playing this game all weekend and have hit that levelling wall. I was enjoying a diablo experience until suddenly I wasn’t. To see more story you have to artificially jump a level wall. Ergh. Uninstall

8 Likes