Did you know?

My mom was music teacher at a primary school and the one answer she got on a worksheet from a kid was “A man in grass” she was very puzzled by it until she realised they were talking about “Amazing Grace”!

2 Likes

Ah, like the guy who thought Gods name was Andy.

Andy walks with us,
Andy sings with us,

5 Likes

Reminds me of this

2 Likes

Did you know…

The scientific name of the ferret is Mustelidae putorius furo which translates to “stinky mouse thief”.

4 Likes

That Peter Kay video was hilarious! Especially the one guy who laughs at Ethiopians!

4 Likes

5 Likes
  1. Viruses are not alive: They do not have cells, they cannot turn food into energy, and without a host they are just inert packets of chemicals.

2. Viruses are not exactly dead, either: They have genes, they reproduce, and they evolve through natural selection.

7 Likes

Did you know there’s a mineral called cummingtonite?

2 Likes

i did actually :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I feel they skipped over this important information in grade 10 science…

2 Likes

Can’t possibly think of a reason why. :thinking:

1 Like

“Ok class, today we’ll be experimenting with cummingtonite”

3 Likes

Did you know that the “ISO” setting in modern digital cameras is used to set the relationship between exposure and output image lightness in digital cameras.

It actually comes from a concept in old film cameras where the ISO was the “speed” of the film you used. The higher the ISO number, the faster the action you can photograph and the less light you need (i.e. low-light shots) but at the cost of some quality in the form of “graininess”.

According to Wikipedia: “Film speed is the measure of a photographic film’s sensitivity to light

5 Likes

Portra 400 or Ilford black film is where it’s at!

3 Likes

I’ve still got a roll or two of Ilford B&W. Too bad my Nikon F5 got stolen :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve still got film cameras. My favourite being a '72 Yashica Minister III.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Since this thread made the most sense to post something like this…

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttsss NECRO TIME!!!

5 Likes

Honestly… I knew… But I definitely learned something.

I hope?

1 Like

I wonder if it could contribute to and explain some of the déjà vu phenomenon too.

2 Likes