Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

And we’re done. Well, you lot are. Me, not so much “done” but more “didn’t even start”!

Germany was the fourth and final round of the November Nightmare event. And it was another win for the appropriately flagged :1st_place_medal: @Boogey. :2nd_place_medal: @aldyr took the final stage win, but finished the event 32 seconds off the pace overall. A final podium place for :3rd_place_medal: @LazyDemoni who was also the last to reach the end of Stage 4 and see the :checkered_flag: checkered flag.

The only other finishers were P4’s @TheeAlekai who sadly crashed out on Stage 4, and @murfle who put his disco shoes on one last time to claim another of his patented ISS1 (I Started Stage 1) points! :smiley:

Purely for the recordkeepers, and prosperity, the 4 event mini-Championship ended with :trophy: @Boogey claiming the Groot Meneer trophy with @Aldyr and @LazyDemoni shaking the champagne and getting glitter bombed while they share the Championship podium with him.

Thanks for all the Dirt Rally fun times and laughs this year. I’m not going to set anything up for December, and then will start something like a Monthly event from January again. If anyone wants to set something else up, let me know. In the interim, if you need a new rally fix, keep an eye on the Assetto Corsa topic where @oltman has started thinking about maybe doing something rally related in AC soon.

Stay dirty ya filthy buggers!

6 Likes

Damn, I completely forgot bout this week’s stint.

2 Likes

“That stage was tough. But it felt fast.”

3 Likes

3 Likes

My top Steam game for the year as well.

3 Likes

Okay, that’s been a long enough break… it’s time to get dirty again! Here’s the Dirt Rally Championship Calendar for this year.

The 2023 MEWRL Dirt Rally 2 Championship: The 9x9

9 events each comprising 9 stages. 9 different locations and 9 different car categories to test yourself against.

Three weeks per event to make things slightly less frenetic for everyone - especially with load shedding not looking like it’s going away any time soon. Events start just after midnight on the Sunday and end at midnight on the Saaturday 3 weeks later.

The usual game settings are applied: No Forced Cockpit Camera, No Hard Mode, All Assists Allowed, Unexpected Events are On.

Unlike last year, this year you’ll face the added challenge of variable Time of Day & Weather Conditions. Very variable. (I essentially selected each of the available weather settings at least once on each rally.) There’s also plenty of wet surface and rainy weather stages. And a whole host of dusk and night stages too. :smiling_imp:

Round 1 in New England with the R2 class cars gets going this weekend, so check back tomorrow for the event stages and the expected conditions.

Come and get dirty with me again if you’d like @aldyr @Beo @Boogey @czc @DarthMol @Deadlypinecone @murfle @Dragonic @emo_chair @Entity @Grievous @Massa @jaydogg86 @Konck @LazyDemoni @Munage @oltman @SlinX @the9avenger9 @TheeAlekai @WarRack101 @z1oc and anyone else that would like to join in the Dirt Rally fun.

8 Likes

Cool! 9 stages per 21 days is spaced out nicely. I haven’t touched a racing game in a while and it’s about time I got back to it!

2 Likes

You’re a sadist and or masochist, I forget which is relevant in this context.

1 Like

Well, technically, I guess I’m both because I’m causing you pain, but am also daft enough to put myself through the same torture. So I guess we go with “sadomasochist”? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

How does one join the MEW group in Dirt 2.0, will it be found if someone searches from the game?
Asking for a friend.

1 Like

2023 MEWRL Rally Championship: The 9x9

Round 1: Rally USA | New England | USA :us:

New season, new challenges! Welcome to New England and Round 1 of the 2023 Dirt Rally Championship.

Event Period

• Starts: 2023-03-04T22:15:00Z
  • Ends: 2023-03-25T21:59:00Z

Eligible Cars

Modern Rally R2 Class

• Ford Fiesta R2
    The Ford Fiesta R2, manufactured by M-Sport, was originally released in 2009 with a 1.6 litre naturally aspirated engine, becoming one of the most popular cars in the class thanks to its forgiving chassis and simple maintenance. In 2015 M-Sport designed a brand new version which featured a 1.0 litre turbocharged eco-boost engine.

• Opel Adam R2
    The Opel Adam R2 was designed and manufactured by the German outfit Holzer Gruppe. The car was designed to be as fast and as light as possible, making use of both carbon fibre and Kevlar components. The Opel Adam R2 features Reiger suspension, which gifts the car exceptional stability. The Adam R2 also has the most powerful engine in its class.

• Peugeot 208 R2
    Peugeot Sport homologated their R2 car based on the road-going 208. Released in 2012, the 208 R2 quickly outperformed the older and less powerful R2 cars, becoming a class favourite. The 208 R2 has a more rigid chassis than that of its competitors, and excels on tarmac stages as a result.

Rally Route

Time to drive!

1 Like

Click the link and click join

1 Like

The Club is set up as Members Only, so it won’t show up in game for anyone who is not a member. We’re more than happy to have any existing MEW member who we know join or will accept requests from any new person on condition at least one MEWb vouches for them.

Anyone can request to join from the Club Main Page (DiRT Rally 2.0), and then pop in here to and ping me to say that there’s a request pending. If they’re a totally new person they’ll have to make a MEW account and post in here as well and let us know that you (or someone) else invited them.

There’s no obligation on any new driver to do any more than that. We’d obviously love it if they did become an active MEW member, but if they’re vouched for they’re good to go.

I’m not 100% certain it still works, but try going to the Club Members list on the site and inviting your friend from there. They then should get a Request to Join link. Hit that and come on over here and say howdy.

1 Like

@LazyDemoni is the only one to have taken advantage of the 3-week event cycle so far, with times posted for the first couple of stages. The rest of us are looking like we’re going to ignore the extra time to run some stages, and leave it all until the last minute again anyway… :laughing:

I’m going to commit to getting at least the first three stages done this weekend. Will you? :thinking:

3 Likes

I started practicing in a time trial last night.

3 Likes

Practice? What is this

4 Likes

The extra time is much appreciated! I tried some practice and tuning, got frustrated, then just went with the stock Fiesta. It’s a nice car and I like New England.

3 Likes

The Beaver Creek Trail claims its first victim. And it is a bit of a surprise…

Comfortably leading with 1:36 over P2 at the end of Stage 3. And then, Stage 4 happened.

3 Likes

This is your friendly “One Week Left” call!!

4 Likes

Sjoe, that last stage in particular was tough! The bumps and camber (in the dark) made it especially challenging. I like this little Fiesta though!

2 Likes