Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Yip, but just 2 long stages, the rest are all short.

Three finished so far, all in the 50 minute range.

1 Like

Watch this spaceā€¦

2 Likes

That part past logsā€¦ I diedā€¦

1 Like

Also I feel like I so damn well, but then I had to go and have 3 puncturesā€¦ Sigh. I also had a moment where a tree was in my was and nothing I did could get me past it. probably wasted 10-20s on that stupid tree.

1 Like

I somehow clawed my way back up, without any major incidents. Iā€™m praying for a win :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It was going fairly well (aside from one puncture) up until I hit a big jump in Stage 9 and screwed up the landing so badly I took out both my two front tyres. I only had one spare so I replaced that and then did the rest of the 3 remaing sectors on 3 wheels. So that killed my time drastically. Still managed to somehow claw my way back to 5th for now.

2 Likes

I know Iā€™ve been a little MIA on the Dirt Rally front for the last couple of weeks, but that doesnā€™t mean you lot get to ignore all your raving rally fans over in Kiwiland! :new_zealand:

Just a day and a half or so left to get your New Zealand runs in before we head off to Argentina for the finale! Youā€™ve come this far, you may as well finish the season in style. Or terminal damage trying!

3 Likes

Wanted to post a vid, but OBS cocked up my recording again, or maybe oculus software. :angry:

2 Likes

Yeah did my firs 5 races last night thinking yoh, Iā€™m dik late. Only to see only 4 others did their runs.
Tomorrow itā€™s going to be another mad scramble again lol.

1 Like

Is there any other way? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As is tradition

3 Likes

Wow, I actually enjoyed a long stage for once. The 16km one was actually fun, I felt like I was really getting into this rally thing. However my confidence made me catch on a lot of kak. Like going off a hill(btw you can not get back up a hill so donā€™t even waste your time, like I did, just reset) Then I also had a puncture for good measure. Ended up 2 minutes behind the leader.
Last stage I drove for my life to try and get past Gregg, ended up only 40s behind the leader :smiley:

But @GregRedd, what did you do sir? totalled your car or something? I was just over 30s behind you on the previous stage then 3 minutes ahead on the last.

2 Likes

I finished 2nd, but 6 mins past the deadline :cry:

2 Likes

Yeah, completely cocked it up at the end there, didnā€™t I? Thatā€™s not to say my first seven stages were any good - Iā€™m kak at the best of times, but after not driving for most of the last three weeks, it was interesting to say the least :grinning:

The last sector of Stage 8 I picked up double punctures. With only one spare I landed up having to do the whole of the final stage on three tyres and a rim.

And thatā€™s just how easy it is to get a 13-minute stage time kids. Just do what I do and you too can earn a shiny P8 sticker!

Nooooo!!!

3 Likes

Einaā€¦ Thatā€™s rof

1 Like

And then there was just one left! One rally that is. And itā€™s a doozy! Brace yourself rallyists - Argentina is calling, and sheā€™s grumpy as hell! Argentina is a notorious car breaker - take extra care when you go driving there. Rather slow and steady than fast and deady!

And even though @Boogey has locked up the Championship, thereā€™s still three in contention to fill the second and third steps on the podium: @aldyr, @Munage and @SlinX. Behind them, three more very close to each other will battle it out for 5th place honours - @Deadlypinecone, @Massa and @DarthMol are just 2 points apart. Myself, @Dragonic, @the9avenger9 and @WarRack101 will all go into the last event hoping not to be the one that slips out of the Top 10 placings.

2 Likes

With all the preparation for the 6 hour enduro I didnā€™t get a chance to do my drive. Iā€™d better not crash out in Argentina again. There is a bridge that has my name on it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be able to do this final leg.

3 Likes

Man Iā€™m really going to have to be on it to get out of 10th. Canā€™t keep messing up like I do.

1 Like

So I was up at 3.30 and decided to give it a go and um. Maybe I should have practiced first. :smiley:

3 Likes