Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

In typical Dirt fashion, feel comfortable enough with your set-up during practice and take to the stage, only to crash, roll and spin on every corner.

3 Likes

Seems we had some some technical difficulties at the start of our day, some of the electronics had issue with the mapping configurator on ICU which caused a delayed start and we lost about 30 seconds at the start. We managed to pinpoint the problem and correct on the start.

As we can see from the highlights of the day that as the stage started our driver was doing everything he could to get the car going, I am just thankful the team managed to isolate the issue and avoid disqualification.

2 Likes

:a:

Aye! What’s with all the A’s??

Lol. I can picture you sitting there mashing buttons, filled with ???’s. Glad it got sorted. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, I dunno wtf or htf that happened. I started up the game and went straight to the stage to begin racing, so when the countdown finished I mashed gas and nothing, the rest as you say was a matter of mashing buttons.

2 Likes

Must be a Canadian controller, eh?

4 Likes

2 Days left for this event :scream:

4 Likes

As the @aldyr man says
 just 2 and a bit days left to get greasy in Greece!

3 Likes

Oh, better get started.

4 Likes

Done. Overall I had a good time and I’m glad I picked the Stratos. Yes it was two handfuls, but it’s so much fun! And so pretty. I definitely have room for improvement and I regret needing to reset my car a couple times, but I’ll take it.

3 Likes

Spun once, cos I was trying to cut hairpin too much. Fortunately a plastic hairpin :drum:

3 Likes

@Dragonic Game crash stage 5?

That it did
 I’m so fricken annoyed. I had a solid 4th and possible 3rd. But no, I want to go watch the last of the F1 Quali and go make food and trust that my game won’t be a gentletief and auto close the game for me thinking this bra is afk suppose he’s done playing.
I finished the stage but the game decides to that if your game force closes I’ll just give you a DNF instead.

1 Like

Should have just quit at the end of the stage :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, shoulda, coulda, woulda
 :weary:

2 Likes

Meanwhile, in the Redd car on Stage 1

It wasn’t even that far off the road, I didn’t hit anything solid, but yet
 “Unrecoverable”. Bloody lazy Greek goatherds obviously didn’t want to help a bra out with a bit of a push.

Hey, at least I get a PERFECT HIGH SCORE!!!

:smiley:

2 Likes

Finished
 that was supposed to be so damn good, because that E30 drives so damn mooi. Alas, I hopefully have learned my lesson to not leave the game open and go afk. Also, I forgot Greece is that map with the random rock in a kinky road that makes my car flip every time. It happened both times I went past that part of the stage XD

3 Likes

Greece results and championship update coming later today, with the look at the next round too. In the mean time, you can start to mentally and emotionally prepare yourselves

Die Bestien der Gruppe B kommen nach Deutschland!

3 Likes

I spotted a quaint little taverna just after the Stage 1 start in Greece, so decided to pull off the road and spent the whole rally there. It was owned and run by a rather fetching Greek widow, Sophia. I was immediately smitten by her. I was her first and only customer all week. She seemed very grateful for the custom and for the companionship. We flirted shamelessly while we shared a bottle of ouzo and fed each other baklava on the patio as the radiant sun set behind the hills. Later that night, both of us tipsy, by the light of the full moon in the clear Argolis sky, we

went our separate ways so that I could write this damn rally report for you lot.

Besides me, 10 other drivers left the Start line at Tsiristra Théa to run the Greek Rally. Unlike me, all 10 reached the end of Stage 1 safely. By the end of the rally though, only 7 drivers rolled over the Finish line at the end of Stage 12.

First, and a full 6 minutes clear of the rest, :1st_place_medal: @Aldyr takes his first win of the season. With @Boogey no-showing (maybe he doesn’t like Greek food?), the win also gives Aldyr a 5 point advantage in the Championship. Still many races to come though - no resting on laurels just yet.

Back on the podium, and a first P2 for :2nd_place_medal: @The9Avenger9 who made his BMW the meat in a Lancia sandwich. Taking on the challenge of wrestling his Lancia around the dusty Greek tracks, :3rd_place_medal: @LazyDemoni climbs onto the small step on the podium and claims his first P3 finish.

Trailing the leaders by lengthy gaps of six to ten+ minutes, @Munage (P4) and @Beo (P5) make up the Top 5. @Dragonic (P6) and @WarRack101 (P7) are the last two to succesfully complete all 12 stages.

DNFs but still classified in P8, @czc claims 2 points for making it further than the others (Stage 4). Also DNFing, but still claiming a participation point P9 went to @jaydogg86 (Stage 2) on his first run this season, P10 to @murfle (Stage 2), with my shameful exit on Stage 1 enough to give me the final point in P11.

The Championship after Round 3 then:

Next, we’re heading back into the European heartland to Germany and the old tank proving grounds at Baumholder. There’s a handful of rolling thunder death machines there, waiting to scare your cockpit view loving pants off! Yeah, we going Group B racing boys!!

7 Likes

MEWRL Rally Championship 2022.1

Round 4: Baumholder | Germany :de:

Event Period

2022-06-11T22:15:00Z → 2022-06-25T21:59:00Z
Starts: 00:15 - Sunday, 12 June
Ends: 23:59 - Saturday, 25 June

Eligible Cars

Historic Rally Group B (4WD)

• Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
  • Ford RS200
  • Lancia Delta S4
  • MG Metro 6R4
  • Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2

Stages | Routes | Conditions

It’s 4:8 again in terms of long versus short stages. But beware - three of the long stages are the final three of the rally, and with the final stage having High surface degradation levels, you may want to rethink that no spare tyre weight saving decision of yours
 The rally gods remain kind to us otherwise, with no rain, no wet surfaces, and no night stages. Keeping the Group B monsters in check will be challenge enough. And finding a good rhythm for the hairpins and square turns around Baumholder will take all your concentration. Have fun now. :smiling_imp:

Go get dirty! Mach dich schmutzig! :de:

6 Likes

This is the reason I partake in these events, I adore your write-ups.

4 Likes