Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Well, technically, I guess I’m both because I’m causing you pain, but am also daft enough to put myself through the same torture. So I guess we go with “sadomasochist”? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

How does one join the MEW group in Dirt 2.0, will it be found if someone searches from the game?
Asking for a friend.

1 Like

2023 MEWRL Rally Championship: The 9x9

Round 1: Rally USA | New England | USA :us:

New season, new challenges! Welcome to New England and Round 1 of the 2023 Dirt Rally Championship.

Event Period

• Starts: 2023-03-04T22:15:00Z
  • Ends: 2023-03-25T21:59:00Z

Eligible Cars

Modern Rally R2 Class

• Ford Fiesta R2
    The Ford Fiesta R2, manufactured by M-Sport, was originally released in 2009 with a 1.6 litre naturally aspirated engine, becoming one of the most popular cars in the class thanks to its forgiving chassis and simple maintenance. In 2015 M-Sport designed a brand new version which featured a 1.0 litre turbocharged eco-boost engine.

• Opel Adam R2
    The Opel Adam R2 was designed and manufactured by the German outfit Holzer Gruppe. The car was designed to be as fast and as light as possible, making use of both carbon fibre and Kevlar components. The Opel Adam R2 features Reiger suspension, which gifts the car exceptional stability. The Adam R2 also has the most powerful engine in its class.

• Peugeot 208 R2
    Peugeot Sport homologated their R2 car based on the road-going 208. Released in 2012, the 208 R2 quickly outperformed the older and less powerful R2 cars, becoming a class favourite. The 208 R2 has a more rigid chassis than that of its competitors, and excels on tarmac stages as a result.

Rally Route

Time to drive!

1 Like

Click the link and click join

1 Like

The Club is set up as Members Only, so it won’t show up in game for anyone who is not a member. We’re more than happy to have any existing MEW member who we know join or will accept requests from any new person on condition at least one MEWb vouches for them.

Anyone can request to join from the Club Main Page (DiRT Rally 2.0), and then pop in here to and ping me to say that there’s a request pending. If they’re a totally new person they’ll have to make a MEW account and post in here as well and let us know that you (or someone) else invited them.

There’s no obligation on any new driver to do any more than that. We’d obviously love it if they did become an active MEW member, but if they’re vouched for they’re good to go.

I’m not 100% certain it still works, but try going to the Club Members list on the site and inviting your friend from there. They then should get a Request to Join link. Hit that and come on over here and say howdy.

1 Like

@LazyDemoni is the only one to have taken advantage of the 3-week event cycle so far, with times posted for the first couple of stages. The rest of us are looking like we’re going to ignore the extra time to run some stages, and leave it all until the last minute again anyway… :laughing:

I’m going to commit to getting at least the first three stages done this weekend. Will you? :thinking:

3 Likes

I started practicing in a time trial last night.

3 Likes

Practice? What is this

4 Likes

The extra time is much appreciated! I tried some practice and tuning, got frustrated, then just went with the stock Fiesta. It’s a nice car and I like New England.

3 Likes

The Beaver Creek Trail claims its first victim. And it is a bit of a surprise…

Comfortably leading with 1:36 over P2 at the end of Stage 3. And then, Stage 4 happened.

3 Likes

This is your friendly “One Week Left” call!!

4 Likes

Sjoe, that last stage in particular was tough! The bumps and camber (in the dark) made it especially challenging. I like this little Fiesta though!

2 Likes

The weather, time of day, and surface degradation all combine to make the stages very, very different from the last time we ran stages in New England. I have no idea how to drive them when conditions are perfect. I really struggled with just the first two stages.

1 Like

That was fun, just that last one was kinda challenging. I actually loved these stages in the rain, it handled quite well whereas on the dry I found I just slid under braking.

2 Likes

Can someone quickly tell me if there’s still time remaining pls

2 Likes

There is, until midnight tonight:

Go! Go! Go!

1 Like

Schweet, thanks. I don’t have my rig fully setup so I’m going to have to make haste!

4 Likes

Round 1 in the bag! Well done to all those that made the start of the new season. We had nine off the line, with seven classified finishers, and five who reached the Stage 9 chequered flag. The New England tracks saw just two drivers opting for the Opel Adam R2 for the event, while everyone else used the Ford Fiesta. The poor Pug 208 though was overlooked by all. Sad Pug.

The results for the 9x9 Rally USA then:

With league legend @Aldyr uncharacteristically crashing out early, @SlinX missing the boat to Boston, and @LazyDemoni opting for the slower but better handling Ford, reigning champion @Boogey sashayed his way to a pretty dominant victory.

:1st_place_medal: to @Boogey then, with 8 out of the 9 stages won and a comfortable 3:26 over :2nd_place_medal: P2 @LazyDemoni who managed to hold a charging :3rd_place_medal: P3 @the9avenger9 at a 40 second gap.

Filling up the minor placings as the only other finishers in New England were @Moi in P4, four minutes adrift, and P5 @Beo finishing a further minute later. If it wasn’t for Beo’s poor Stage 1 where he gave me 1:20, our positions may well have been reversed. He was faster than me on 5 of the other 8 stages.

The other classified finishers were P6’s @CZC who (frustratingly for him, I’m sure) crashed out on the final stage. P7 to @aldyr whose rally ended on Stage 4. Participation points for two other drivers this round - @WarRack101 and @murfle.

The Championship Standings then after Round 1 of 9:

We are staying on the American land mass for Round 2 but heading way down south to Argentina where the steep cliffs and narrow, twisty, rock-walled tracks of the Catamarca Province mountains are waiting to smash your Up To 2000cc class cars to smithereens. They say it’s “fun”. :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Love it!! I love these write ups. Thank you!

I honestly didn’t realise we were so close, don’t get to see the individual stage times in console, only the cumulative time at the end of each.

2 Likes

2023 MEWRL Rally Championship: The 9x9

Round 2: Rally Argentina | Catamarca Province | Argentina :argentina:

Just a short 24-hour, 3-stop flight via New York, Lima, and Buenos Aires and we rebuild the MEWRL Rally Camp in the rocky fields at the foot of the Cerro Ambato mountains. We’re here for three weeks of muddy, messy, dirty rallying, so get comfortable.

Event Period

• Starts: 2023-03-25T22:15:00Z
  • Ends: 2023-04-15T21:59:00Z

Eligible Cars

Up to 2000cc (4WD)

• Citroen C4 Rally
    The Citroën C4 Rally was raced by Citroën from 2007 to 2010. It achieved overwhelming success at the hands of Sebastien Loeb and Daniel Elena. This is one of the most successful cars in rally history, and excels on all surfaces.

• Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
    The Ford Focus RS 2001 dominated the international rally scene in 2001, after two difficult seasons previously. The inline four engine produced 300hp, this being coupled with the Focus’ highly advanced chassis and suspension tech.

• Ford Focus RS Rally 2007
    The Ford Focus RS Rally was introduced in late 2005, and was an immediate success taking its first win in Monte Carlo in 2006. In 2008 Jari-Matti Latvala became the youngest ever top level rally winner driving this car. This car was largely replaced by the smaller and more nimble Fiesta.

• Peugeot 206 Rally
    Between 2000 and 2003, the factory run Peugeot 206 Rally was extremely nimble and adaptable. This car was built to replace the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 E2, and followed in its footsteps of being based on a compact hatchback with a short wheelbase. This car took success at the hands of Marcus Grönholm on the world stage.

• Skoda Fabia Rally 2005
    Colin McRae made his return to rally in 2005 in the ŠKODA Fabia Rally, competing in Wales and Australia. Despite having to retire early due to problems with a clutch replacement, it was one of the most memorable drives of his career.

• SUBARU Impreza
    Debuting in 2008, this SUBARU Impreza was driven by both Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson, achieving two podiums over the course of the year. The car was driven by the likes of Mads Østberg in 2009 to moderate success, and models were developed for Rallycross soon after, where it achieved more success.

• SUBARU Impreza 2001
    Built and run by Prodrive, this SUBARU was highly successful with the likes of Richard Burns and Petter Solberg at the wheel in 2001. The 300hp boxer engine produces a unique sound, loved by the fans and drivers alike.

• SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally 2008
    The SUBARU Impreza is one of the most recognisable cars in rallying, and during its tenure in top flight rally it excelled in all conditions and was highly successful. Driven by both Colin and Alister McRae in 1998, the SUBARU Impreza took three rally wins on the international stage.

Rally Route

Some tricky stages here, including three wet surfaces. Expect heavy rain on Stage 5. Fortunately, it is one of the shorter stages and there is only low surface deg. It’s followed by the only true night stage (S6) but there are a couple more taking place in the dim light of dusk. Stage 1 is the only one with maximum surface degradation, but three others (S4, S8, and S9) are showing high degradation.

Go get dirty, Argentinian style! :argentina:

5 Likes