Disco Elysium

This sounds like a really interesting game that I’m sure a few of you would enjoy. Came across it from someones rave review on twitter.

From the steam page:

Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.

Unprecedented freedom of choice​. Intimidate, sweet-talk, resort to violence, write poetry, sing karaoke, dance like a beast or solve the meaning of life. Disco Elysium is the most faithful representation of desktop role playing ever attempted in video games.

Countless tools for role playing. ​ Mix and match from 24 wildly different skills. Develop a personal style with 80 clothes items. Wield 14 tools from guns to flashlights to a boombox, or pour yourself a cocktail of 6 different psychoactive substances. Develop your character even further with 60 wild ​thoughts ​to think – with the detective’s Thought Cabinet.

A revolutionary dialogue system with unforgettable characters. ​The world is alive with real people, not extras. Play them against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system, with partially voiced characters, lets you do almost anything.

Carve your unique path across the city​. Explore, manipulate, collect tare or become a millionaire in an open world unlike anything you’ve seen before. The city of Revachol is yours for the taking, one small piece at a time. From the streets to the beaches – and beyond.

Hard boiled, hard core. ​Death, sex, taxes and disco – nothing is off the table. Revachol is a real place with real challenges. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. The detective decides, the citizens abide.

2 Likes

I’m glad that someone made a thread for this. It looks absolutely amazing. It’s my kind of game.

So to my Secret Santa, this is an ideal gift! :wink:

3 Likes

I also Wishlisted this straight away, this looks very good!

2 Likes

I finished this today.

What an awesome game. It plays more like a choose your own adventure novel than an RPG game. It was just the kind of story an experience I’ve been looking for in a game lately.

I really hope the devs make more games set in the world of Disco Elysium. I need more of this.

4 Likes

Finished it a few days ago. Great game but too short for my liking.

1 Like

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut edition is now available. All exisiting owners will get sutomatically upgraded to this new version.

“Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the groundbreaking role playing game. Pursue your political dreams in new vision quests, meet and question more of the city’s locals, and explore a whole extra area. Also enjoy full voice-acting, controller support, and expanded language options.”

Full voice acting. All of the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full English voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.

New political vision quests. Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.

Currently on 20% off sale on Steam:

This is also the version that is supposed to be releasing to Playstation today as well, but the store page doesn’t show any pricing or purchase options yet. Maybe later today?

Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch versions are still to release sometime “Summer 2021”, so in a month or twos time I’d guess?

3 Likes

Yay! I’ve been waiting for this before I start playing. First have to finish Nioh 2 however and that’s still going to take a long while.

1 Like

Ooh I see it’s supported on MacOS. Any idea how well this would translate to keyboard and trackpad controls?

1 Like

Think it would be perfectly suited for laptop play, even with just keyboard and trackpad.

ETA, Reddit agrees with me, so you know I must be right :grinning:

1 Like

haha awesome… sorry, I thought it might be rather obscure and out of left field and didn’t even consider searching for it. Thanks!

1 Like

And now I have it installed on my laptop, ready for a weekend of doing as little as possible!

1 Like

I lasted a whole 15 minutes in my first playthrough…

Wait, is it because the game is difficult or other reasons?

1 Like

Well, turns out your decisions has consequences :wink: I was just being a tjop and it backfired. This is not Day of the Tentacle!

3 Likes

Ah okay. Damn I kinda want to play this now, but it has to wait. I’ll grab it when it goes on sale

2 Likes

I got the game from a friend for my birthday - looking forward to playing it sometime

1 Like