Disney+ South Africa

Anybody got Android TV and can see this in their app store? or do you guys think the app will only be available when it launches?

2 Likes

thats a good question im sure it should.

1 Like

Still not on iOS App Store either.
Patience Padawan.

2 Likes

My TV and remote have a dedicated app and button for it respectively.

2 Likes

Does anything happen when you push the button?

Can see the app in the Google PlayStore, but Install button is not available (on the Windows PC obviously.)

3 Likes

I’ll tell ya when power comes back on >_<

But I have gone into the app before, but without ever being able to sign up, that’s as far as I can get.

2 Likes

I hear it erases history.

But what does it do exactly? Maybe something good, maybe something bad…

2 Likes

It working perfectly by me :smiley:

2 Likes

Ive been waiting for over an hour for the sms otp to register…

Weird. Got mine almost immediately. Did you drop the zero from your mobile?

1 Like

I finally managed to get it, its more a case of the blackhole we live in with almost no signal

1 Like

And ironically we want to cancel dstv in order to take disney :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Using the Decoders as a streaming hub is a good idea. I just hope it works better than Showmax does on the decoders. But, if you need to have a DStv sub to use D+ on the decoder completely negates any benefits of this.

3 Likes

Agreed. The only way this is of any value is if DSTV bundle D+ into their service at a ridiculously low cost. And if you have a functioning Explora decoder and dish installation. (And here I was thinking that they’re trying to move away from the set top box environment in favour of becoming a more efficient streaming service.)

Watch DSTV shoot themselves in the foot again and make it only available to Premium subscribers and still limit it to only one streaming device at a time.

2 Likes

So I took a look at the list of their catalogue and wow… That is a huge amount of content. I think I will keep Netflix cancelled and sign up to this instead, seems to be a lot more wholesome content for kids as well.

1 Like

There’s a heck of a lot of content coming our way. Your little ones will be spoiled for choice.

Here’s the full list of Disney+ launch content for anyone else who wants to check it out:

Disney+ SA - Launch Content.pdf (572.0 KB)

(hope pdf files embed okay)

2 Likes

It also seems that we can share.

Streaming Disney+ Content. Disney+ Content can be streamed through the Disney+ Service over an active Internet connection. Up to four (4) concurrent streams are allowed for each Disney+ account at any time. The number of concurrent streams available for use may change from time to time at our discretion.

Profiles. Disney+ offers the option to personalize use of the Disney+ Service through the creation of one or more profiles under one account. You may designate one or more profiles as a Kid profile, which will restrict viewing of certain Disney+ Content from within that profile. Please visit our Help Centre if you would like more information about Kid profiles. If you permit anyone else to use, view or access the Disney+ Service and/or the Disney+ Content using your account (including via a profile), you acknowledge that some content offered on the Disney+ Service may not be suitable for children or for some viewers and therefore discretion is advised.

I found that in their terms and conditions

4 Likes

Definitely worth it. It’s pretty much all we watch at home…

2 Likes

Exactly that - almost all my shows are on that list so I will be subbing day one especially now that we know its shareable so we are gonna go halvies for a year sub.

1 Like

I’m actually having the same issue now and my signal is fine.

2 Likes